Zaccaria has more updates than farsight $18.99 for 27 tables

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garycope

Nov 5, 2013
I'm paying $4.99 a table to farsight and they can't even update the GUI or add cabinet mode. What is there only one programmer?

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
boring ad infinty, dont we have enough such threads? any long time user/member is aware of the rate of farsights development we dint need whiney threads jack

now get over it

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
I'm paying $4.99 a table to farsight and they can't even update the GUI or add cabinet mode. What is there only one programmer?

TPA is on more platforms. The quality is higher. They release tables faster. And the tables are more complex. Also I would imagine they have to pay an infinitely higher licensing fee per table.

I love Zaccs but it's not fair to compare the two.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
TPA is on more platforms. The quality is higher. They release tables faster. And the tables are more complex. Also I would imagine they have to pay an infinitely higher licensing fee per table.

I love Zaccs but it's not fair to compare the two.

I have to agree with you sir. Remember Zac is ONKY dealing with one platform folks. Apples to orenges.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Don't forget too that they have a few million apps that do the same tables over and over again. It's a confusing mess so you're likely to pay for the same table multiple times.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
Don't forget too that they have a few million apps that do the same tables over and over again. It's a confusing mess so you're likely to pay for the same table multiple times.
With confusing customers you may sell less. The company that does it most is Gameprom. They use a lot of company names.

TPA has a higher quality than the Zacc App and the price is higher. Sales of TPA are at least 10 x higher(partially due to availability)

night

May 18, 2012
Although TPA has the big name tables I think that ASK has done an amazing job so far with Zaccaria. I don't think you can compare the 2, but the rapid speed of development on the GUI and new tables in Zaccaria is something to be jealous about. TPA deserves the same graphics quality and adjustments, but somehow it has always fall a litle behind in this category.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
I don't think you can compare the 2, but the rapid speed of development on the GUI and new tables in Zaccaria is something to be jealous about.
The one thing (or person) better is the arcade attendant of ASK. He always helps when a ball is stuck.

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
Spread across 100 platforms, and still adding more.

You guys need to prioritize fixing the stuff you released already, and following up on publicly made promises, rather than constant expansion.

Just my opinion.

Don't like the product they sell? Don't buy it.

Think you can do better? Start your own company and compete.

Just my opinion.

Nolan

Jan 19, 2014
Don't like the product they sell? Don't buy it.

Think you can do better? Start your own company and compete.

Just my opinion.

I already did buy it, and I cant critique said product or their business practice unless I start my own rival?

Calm down, white knight.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
Spread across 100 platforms, and still adding more.
Maybe 10. I think that's the way to go from a business point of view.
First step: Write emulators. For Zaccaria that would be just one or two.
Second step: recreate the tables with objects and get things going with the ROM.
Third step: Port it to as many platforms as possible as long as they have some minimum popularity
This way you exploit your licence.

ASK as a company seems to live from $200 per month in Eastern Hungary. They could do better. Without emulation they are all day long fixing issues. With 2 platforms they could double their income.

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
And let's not forget that ASK also want to hold all other platforms back until they somehow work out how to crowd fund platforms other than iOS.

I do want to throw some cash at them, but not through a money-grabbing crowd funding push when they have a largely functional Android build.

It's souring my impression of the company.

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
Yeah, but they are 27 ugly looking tables. I play TPA almost everyday for a year subscription that costs not much more than going out for pizza once. Saving $10 to play on ugly 80's looking tables is not a bargain to me but a waste of $18.99.

Garycope

Nov 5, 2013
Look another table today and lots of updates. That's two tables in two weeks!
Exclamation Zaccaria Pinball - update v3.0
ADDED a new pinball table, Strike (SS).

ADDED a new glass type, Clean.

FIXED strucked ball issue at right outlane on Devil Riders.

FIXED reflection issue of left ramp on Spooky.

FIXED some art issues of playfield on Star's Phoenix.

FIXED plunger issue on Earth Wind and Fire.

FIXED wrong instruction card on Earth Wind and Fire.

FIXED instruction card position on Pool Champion.

FIXED missing letters of lit A B C lamps on Blackbelt.

FIXED size of left outlane on Zankor.

FIXED music issue in Game Time Bonus on Star's Phoenix.

FIXED wrong counter of 'Game Time Bonus' on House of Diamonds.

FIXED wrong fade effect of RULE SHEET icon.

ADDED a new ball rolling sound effect. It has been re-recorded and fine tuned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.