Ghostbusters: Discussion and Feedback

Larry

Jul 4, 2013
First off, the game is now "compatible" with my Kindle fires, yay!

Second, it's not so much a bug as an irritation, on both Haunted House and Ghostbusters, the multiple flipper sounds generate noticeable lag on the HD series, the HDX is better (the wireless-only HDMI has a pretty negative effect on the HDX series however making it virtually useless as a gaming system - the newest Fire O/S just rolled out to the HDX so hopefully there's some improvement).
I think "we" were told in the past that the android sound system in general left a lot to be desired, so a suggested work-around would be to suppress all but one sound per side.

In any case, it was great fun, scored a million, played happy!

The wife found some of the sounds repetitive when they'd loop over themselves ("Winston" in the subway for instance). If possible, any audio should only fire itself if it's not already playing, that may address the flipper issue as well.

Good stuff! Interesting concept, I hope folks richer than myself can keep the tokens flowing so it gets some love down the line. I personally enjoy GB far more than HH already, even thought I really got zero idea from the audio or lights what I was exactly supposed to be doing so it was just a ball-bang-fest.

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
First off, the game is now "compatible" with my Kindle fires, yay!

Second, it's not so much a bug as an irritation, on both Haunted House and Ghostbusters, the multiple flipper sounds generate noticeable lag on the HD series

On my Kindle Fire HD I experienced the ball freezing a bit whenever I clicked the flipper buttons. I found it to be very irritating.

Scumble373

FarSight Employee
Jul 1, 2014
Hey guys, I'm glad you brought this up,

Towards the end of the development cycle for Ghostbusters we discovered this odd "lag" that occured when using the flippers. We have a range of devices to test on, my new Galaxy S5 did not have this issue, however, my kindle fire did. We figured out that older devices were the only devices that experienced this problem. It turns out that because of how many flippers there are on the table (I think there are 8 total?) the game lags because each flipper has to move, and that takes much more processing power than just moving 1, and playing 1 sound (And just as Larry said, it happens on haunted house too). I'm not sure if there is a "fix" for this issue, but we'll keep looking into it.

Sorry about this! Thanks for reporting it.

Larry

Jul 4, 2013
I'm unable to login from the fire HDX while the HD works fine.
The keyboard becomes unresponsive and the device feels like it is stuck in a recursive loop.
Even using autocomplete to enter the info, whatever is entered never appears in the email box.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts