Zaccaria Pinball - Star's Phoenix Bugs & Feedback

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
During extra time if the ball drains with time left on the clock the music stops playing for the rest of the game.

Some of the lighting is blown out, most notable on the NG in Bowling and the right orange lamp above the plunger lane.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
i've only been able to lock one ball so far. has anyone gotten multiball to work? I love that a Zacc table finally offers multiball and it is a mother ***** to get to. :cool:

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
i've only been able to lock one ball so far. has anyone gotten multiball to work? I love that a Zacc table finally offers multiball and it is a mother ***** to get to. :cool:

I agree. It's damn near impossible to get up the ramps as well. And no, I've yet to lock even one ball and have played the table quite a lot. I thought it was just me sucking all of a sudden. ;)

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
I agree. It's damn near impossible to get up the ramps as well. And no, I've yet to lock even one ball and have played the table quite a lot. I thought it was just me sucking all of a sudden. ;)
I locked one ball but wasn't able to start multiball. Played the VP version of New Star's Phoenix and got multiball. I had the impression that my 2nd shot hit left of the ramp and triggered the locked ball.
Here a look at the real table:
image-21.jpg

... and here the ASK version:
starszaccv0zawjr7he.jpg

The bowling targets are called flyaway targets

Last edited:

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
I locked one ball but wasn't able to start multiball. Played the VP version of New Star's Phoenix and got multiball. I had the impression that my 2nd shot hit left of the ramp and triggered the locked ball.
Here a look at the real table:
image-21.jpg

... and here the ASK version:
starszaccv0zawjr7he.jpg

The bowling targets are called flyaway targets

In the bottom pic you can see another bug. When table is in metal fx mode the bowling roof gets blown out

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Finally got a multiball. You have to lock two balls on the same ball. The captive ball does not carry over if you drain before locking the second ball.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
The captive ball does not carry over if you drain before locking the second ball.
That's probably wrong (a bug). The locked ball is there (blocking the eject hole) and it will for sure be used for multiball in the same game. After the game finishes the ball will be released and roll over the playfield (if not used for multiball). Of all tables I know only Centaur with its virtual orb locks doesn't carry the locks over.

Last edited:

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
This is a fun table to play but the physics for this table could use some calibration imo, the ball behaviour looks somewhat unbalanced in speed and control and seems too lightweighted to find its way up the ramp sometimes.

And also on this table its a pain to accurately aim a shot at a specific target, in this case aiming a skillshot up the ramps, approx 1 out of 6 is succesfull.

This sadly occurs on all tables and fixing this should have a high priority, because this has a negative impact on highscores and it spoils the fun of playing a bit

Last edited:

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
This is a fun table to play but the physics for this table could use some calibration imo, the ball behaviour looks somewhat unbalanced in speed and control and seems too lightweighted to find its way up the ramp sometimes.

And also on this table its a pain to accurately aim a shot at a specific target, in this case aiming a skillshot up the ramps, approx 1 out of 6 is succesfull.

This sadly occurs on all tables and fixing this should have a high priority, because this has a negative impact on highscores and it spoils the fun of playing a bit
The updated New Star's Phoenix has a 3rd flipper on the right side to shoot the ramp. So it must have been difficult to shoot the ramp. The broken plunger, however needs a fix. There's also a lot of random in the playfield movement. Unfortunately there are no videos of the real Phoenix tables.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Zorgwan, I agree. It IS an almost impossible shot, I've been able to make it on camera view 2 only twice, never on one. How does one get the flipper to operate at the top of the ramp? Is it the roll overs on the top of the table? This is quite a challenging table.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Zorgwan, I agree. It IS an almost impossible shot, I've been able to make it on camera view 2 only twice, never on one. How does one get the flipper to operate at the top of the ramp? Is it the roll overs on the top of the table? This is quite a challenging table.

i believe you have to hit the stationary targets at the top of the field by the pop bumpers. you may also have to complete the "game" roll overs right next to it, but i don't think so.

I agree that the ball feels light on this table and that precision is an issue. i think it's a double edged sword though. it's a simplistic table, make it too easy and there's no challenge. getting up the lock ball ramp isn't easy but it's far easier than say the robot bridge in "robot". but i totally agree the precision of the flipper physics needs to be fine tuned.

i do love this table though. i've only been able to get multiball once. you have to complete "stars" and lock two balls on the same ball to start the mode.

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
i believe you have to hit the stationary targets at the top of the field by the pop bumpers. you may also have to complete the "game" roll overs right next to it, but i don't think so.

I agree that the ball feels light on this table and that precision is an issue. i think it's a double edged sword though. it's a simplistic table, make it too easy and there's no challenge. getting up the lock ball ramp isn't easy but it's far easier than say the robot bridge in "robot". but i totally agree the precision of the flipper physics needs to be fine tuned.

i do love this table though. i've only been able to get multiball once. you have to complete "stars" and lock two balls on the same ball to start the mode.

I vote for the updated version

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
A stuck ball right behind the Phoenix bar, really hard to nudge it out.

f8b83a8f4b258da63472e1c1c882c256.jpg

Ball Issues - I've also had the ball rest on the lip of the plastic surrounding the left pop bumper. Above the B where the screw is seems to be a little ledge the the ball can rest on.

Also if you hit the red special on the left side of the table, the ball will sometimes stick before bouncing.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.