Request Twilight Zone Kickstarter Update #8 - Guess which top 10 licensed table.

Guess which top 10 licensed table from the TZ Update #8

• The Addams Family

Votes: 47 61.0%
  • Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure

Votes: 14 18.2%
  • The Lord of the Rings

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • Spider-Man

Votes: 3 3.9%

• Total voters

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Farsight's latest Twilight Zone Kickstarter update indicated that they just attended the Licensing Expo in Las Vegas this week. They mention that they were working on securing licensing for some upcoming tables. They also mentioned that they were very close to lining up the licenses for a top ten table that they couldn't name at this time. In addition to the message they also included a photo taken during, what I guess, was the expo. Knowing that Farsight likes to drop hints at upcoming titles I looked at the photo to see if it was a hint at this upcoming table. I figure that most of you are TZ supporters and have already got the email so you can see the photo for yourself. I'd upload it myself but I couldn't figure out how to add a photo to a post. Dragging and dropping didn't work. Using the toolbar for the URL only gave me part of the image. If anyone can figure it out upload it in a post and, please, tell me how you did it.

Anyway, the point of this thread is to take your best guess at which licensed top ten table you think Farsight is talking about. I've included all unreleased or unannounced licensed tables from pinside.com and ipdb.org's top ten lists.

Looking at the photo, it seemed that the photographer's primary target was the Sony Pictures logo but you can also see Universal and Paramount logo's in the background. I don't know who the people are in the foreground so that may be something as well. Who knows. Maybe the picture means nothing. No harm in taking a guess though.

In case anyone is wondering:
The Addams Family is Paramount
Indiana Jones is Paramount
The Lord of the Rings is New Line Cinema
Spider-Man is Columbia (Sony Pictures)

Last edited:

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Addams Family would be a HUGE get. That alone would garner FS a big bump in fanbase.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Woops! Looks like I spelled "Adventure" wrong for Indiana Jones. Sorry. Admin, if you can fix this, please do.

Fixed. Thanks.

Last edited:

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Indiana Jones may be difficult because of the Lucas license. However it would be a major coup as the 93 one is great and the more recent one by Stern is not the best but it's a solid table. Not to mention that it would show a willingness of Lucas to provide licenses to Farsight which could bring Star Wars as an eventual possibility. I'm leaning more towards Addams Family due to the complexity of the licensing situation. It seems more involved so one that would require more work which was hinted at in the post that it was very involved to get all the licenses needed.

Actionball

Banned
May 23, 2012
I tend to think of anything Lucas related as "easy" when it comes to getting a license, easy in the sense that you know who owns the whole thing lock stock and barrel and he is not shy about putting his creations on anything possible....just come up with the money.

Addams would be the obvious choice as the all time best selling game, and the one I would far prefer. The catch is going to be bringing Raul Julia to life to ask his permission as I'm pretty sure that runs afoul of his rumoured final wishes of no new creations with his likeness. Guess its splitting hairs maybe as you are only reproducing an existing work on a new format....but they never put out either movie on Blu Ray either, makes you wonder.

I will place my bet on the long shot here and say its LOTR.

Big movie, lots of people to round up as was hinted at by FS. The only franchise in the top 10 that has an interest in promoting an upcoming release that is directly related to one of the possible game movies. Nobody in the movie is a "big deal" as far as the movie biz goes (or dead).

Spiderman? Who even cares? Dead in the form promoted by the game, remake people not likely to want to have that confusion during the run up to the 'reboot' even on such a small scale. + who even cares about the game...wait I said that.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
LicenseExpo

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Not that it is a top 10 table or anything but Robocop is right there about a third of the way from the left!

I guess Pinside thinks Spider-man is top 10 material. That will be a nightmare to get that license now that Disney holds all the rights to Marvel characters. Even Stern has stated that doing the original Tron and PotC tables were very intense undertakings.

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
I think I know which table it is. The Addams Family! After looking at the picture for hours, I've found a secret hidden hint! It is on the lower left side of the picture. :D
vcqlfdhp.jpg

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
I imagine it will be Addams Family, but I did play that old Indiana Jones table at the mechanical entertainment museum (no clue of the actual name; I bet someone here knows) at Seacliff in San Francisco and it is definitely one I'd like to see again.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Any table out of the top 10/20 is good news to me. Adams Family would be the best in the long run for the game, but any good table being reproduced and not hindered by licensing is great.

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
I'm guessing AF as well, though any new top 10 table is big news. I'm just really happy things are going so well for them lately!

If it really is AF, though...in addition to TZ, that would be quite a lot of Lawlor in TPA :D

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I'd love to see any of these, but Lord of the Rings sounds the most likely, for all the reasons stated above. The one I want the most, however, is TAF.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
I do wonder about their choice of words as well. What does "lining up the licenses" exactly mean? I hope for their sake it's not "we can acquire them, we just need a third Kickstarter".

RetroBlast

Apr 17, 2012
I have no idea how any of the tables play because I never played them in real life but as far as TV Shows / Movies go, I always loved the Twilight Zone and the Addams Family so now that we have The Twilight Zone, I want the Addams Family! Hell, was there ever a "Get Smart" pinball table? If not, that would be awesome too - maybe Jersey Jack or Stern can make one and then eventually we could play it on TPA!

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
Guessing LOTR-That'd be sweet.
TAF's cool-But....and don't lynch me....alot of the love is nostalgia and the historical fact of best selling game.
I'd be more than happy with LOTR out of the above.

To people who haven't played TAF, IJ or LOTR-Try and get VP running (Stern SM is SAM).
TAF-wise-Even PacDude's VP8 TAF from over 5 years ago is fun....though TPA's graphics are WAY BETTER. but it's the real ROMS/DMD/Sound, etc :)

Actionball

Banned
May 23, 2012
I guess my eyes just barely see any of the Stern games that make top 10 on Pinside or IPDB for the same reason I don't look at top 10 video game lists written by people under 25 or top 10 car lists written by the same. None of those stern games had the wide release or have been out a long enough time to even be considered top 10.

Ill bet if you ask a large sampling of serious pinball players, including those who don't live in a major metro to list which of the top 20 games they have played you will find that nearly 100% of them will have played the ALL the WMS games, lots of times, while only a fraction will even have gotten to play the Stern games at all.

So just as I am reasonably sure that 7 of the top 10 video games ever are not a Halo or Call of Duty sequel and Subaru and Mitsubishi did not put out 4 of the top 10 cars of all time I will go ahead and discount the Stern games as real contenders for now...even if they are good games.

Robocop would be hilarious(ly bad) if thats the game they spent the time on getting in order :)

Its LOTR, book it.

Moon Jump

Apr 19, 2012
I just hope they can get any of the ones listed. Their all great. I voted for Spider-Man since they took the picture outside of the Sony Pictures booth, and who owns the rights to Spider-Man and won't let it go??

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts