PS3 - Bug Special Wizard Goal Doesn't Register

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Completed this goal twice with no luck. The first time I thought it was because I cut the animation short by pressing both flippers, but tried again and it still didn't work. I'm on PS3 - I assume it's specific to this console otherwise it would have been reported already?

Can't imagine I'm missing anything with the goal - "Earn a Special" is about as unambiguous as they come. But to clarify, I am earning the special by lighting the right outlane and sending a ball down there. I'm not getting replay and special confused.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Happened to me too. I collected it during a multiball, and nothing.

There's a reason: like all the "Earn a Special" goals (MB, Co1812), I think there are some rules to follow in order to make the game recognize the wizard goal (e.g. on Co1812 -2nd post-: http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/8538-Bonus-Level-Special-not-registered-(all-platforms) ).

It is surely the same mess on BSD (single ball for sure, no ball locked in the coffin -maybe-, etc.).

I have yet to try this.

I tried during both single and multiball play. Neither worked.

Just going to leave it for now. It's a bit of a boring wizard goal to pull off, and I don't fancy doing it over and over as I try to figure out exactly how to trigger it.

Eternal21

Jun 3, 2018
Having the same problem on PS4. My first attempt was during a multiball, and it didn't count. So the next time I played, I did it during single ball play, and it still didn't register. Not sure what the hell to do now.

Eternal21

Jun 3, 2018
Got it on my 3rd attempt. Not sure why it worked that time, I guess keep trying.

EDIT: I actually figured out what I was doing wrong. I assumed that the red light on both sides is the 'Special'. Turns out the light on the left side is 'Extra Ball', while the light on the right side is 'Special'. So you can only get the special goal, by draining via right outlane (and obviously the ball is much more likely to drain via left).

Last edited:

Members online

Members online