Zaccaria Pinball - Strike (1978) Bugs & Feedback

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
Strike has arrived like a stroke and gives the opportunity to test your aiming at drop targets.

Here is a possible bug:
1. After clearing the drop target bank I only sometimes get the red "bonus ball" light lit and only on the left side. The bulb on the right side seems to be burnt out.
2. Shooting the lit bonus ball target will not award an extra ball. It remains lit. May be a bonus ball is not an extra ball but I didn't notice other changes on the table. The table does not have a "shoot again" lamp.

Last edited:

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Ball got trapped behind the upper left targets by going up the playfield, hitting the left pop bumper and then going through the metal gate to get trapped. This was not an issue from launching the ball to begin play. Also you can see the blurry left pop bumper. And blurry "double bonus" text between the flipper gap.
f24e3fc18aedce28a966e8e1a631889a.jpg

Last edited:

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Put this in the wrong thread. Sorry. Second rollover from the left on the top makes no sounds nor score. Not sure what's what it should be but there is obviously a bug. Thanks you. R

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
Second rollover from the left on the top makes no sounds nor score. Not sure what's what it should be but there is obviously a bug. Thanks you. R

There are only 2 rollovers. Left and right and they do score.

The side targets (bonus ball) are called “center targets“ in the rule sheet.

Last edited:

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
I really love this table. very addicting in it's simplicity. It gets me excited for the Zacc EM's.

Was curious if anyone thought it was weird the center special lights up the pop bumpers (which is awesome) but doesn't make a noise? Does it make a noise if you hit it after getting four strikes? i've only been able to do it once and drained before i hit the special.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
Was curious if anyone thought it was weird the center special lights up the pop bumpers (which is awesome) but doesn't make a noise? Does it make a noise if you hit it after getting four strikes? .
The flashing bumpers give a good score, unlike the rest.

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
The physics for Strike are doing pretty nice, slingshots and pops have a good bounce, the ball could use abit less friction though for a somewhat better flow.

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Zsolt does the backside of the cabinet on the picture have bumpers ?, because there is no bounce when the ball hits it.

ea130c0bbc42d69e9d0b744dca275de2.jpg

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
Strike has arrived like a stroke and gives the opportunity to test your aiming at drop targets.

Here is a possible bug:
1. After clearing the drop target bank I only sometimes get the red "bonus ball" light lit and only on the left side. The bulb on the right side seems to be burnt out.
2. Shooting the lit bonus ball target will not award an extra ball. It remains lit. May be a bonus ball is not an extra ball but I didn't notice other changes on the table. The table does not have a "shoot again" lamp.
Both of them are bugs and will be fixed in the next update, thanks!

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
No, it doesn't have. Should be?

I dont know, there are no videos available on the net but i found a picture of a real zacc Strike from the upper playfield and hopefully it provides more info about this.

ff4ce905f4ca6e3a9ba97ffff242fd1b.jpg

Picture is abit blurry but it seems the rubber band which runs behind the dropdown targets on the right side coils around the most right bold and seems to continue running to the backside of the station,

If so, its not clear to me how far it continues along the backside though, but as far as i can see it seems the rubber band does not loop around the bold and runs back parallel behind the rubber band on the frontside.

Hope this might be useful for you.

Last edited:

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
funny, i was just about to post a picture of this table as well, on these pics it seems like there are bumpers on them, could imagine they probably run backwards too,

bcee84ef3c7cae2480c00c452a0706fc.jpg

haj

Sep 28, 2012
If there're bumpers it would make the ball movement more unpredictable and interesting. But I wonder how it would react when some drop targets are still standing...the rubber would hit the targets... targets would be beaten from back and front... or it'd work only when all targets are dropped (left/right column independent methinks) or something..

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.