Zaccaria Pinball - update v3.1

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
All right guys I looked over all table and update 3.0 topics and found and fixed the following issues so far. Please let me know if I missed something accidentally.

COMMON
RENEWED launcher mechanism for better adjustable launching.
ADDED score reels of backglass for EM pinball tables.
ADDED missing coin sound effect to all tables.
ADDED target reset sound effect to all tables where drop targets are.
FIXED wrong dated Mystic Star icon at table selection screen.

STRIKE
FIXED randomized bonus ball feature that activates left lamp only.
FIXED drop targets and strike lamps carried to the next ball.
FIXED top left gate that allows the ball to pass it in certain circumstances.
FIXED bonus ball feature.
FIXED sound issue of the left 1st drop target.
ADDED slingshot feature to 4 spots around middle plastic cover.

CLOWN
FIXED slow ball rolling at right outlane.
ADDED motor sound to moving target.

FUTURE WORLD
FIXED slow ball rolling at left outlane.
FIXED bonus ball feature.

SHOOTING THE RAPIDS
FIXED slow ball out to the plunger.
FIXED operations of orange special, red special, rollovers and drop targets.

PINBALL CHAMP
REDUCED force of slingshots by 25%.

HOT WHEELS
TUNED force of slingshot launchers.

FIRE MOUNTAIN
FIXED right eject hole (left one also double checked).
FIXED wrong operation of lower left drop target when a new game starts.

SPACE SHUTTLE
FIXED hole eject issue.

TIME MACHINE
FIXED shadow of sim flippers.

ROBOT
ADDED more force to upper left slingshot.

DEVIL RIDERS, FARFALLA
FIXED flipper activation/deactivation of second playfield.

Last edited:

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
Oh and I forget to mention that I will check force of the launcher tomorrow, I hope I'll be able to tweak it to the correct way. :)

Also thank you for your comments, opinions, bug reports as well as patience!

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
There are some tables missing. Most notable the scoring issues on Shooting the Rapids and the drop targets on Fire Mountain. Also the upper eject holes.

Last edited:

74-89

May 2, 2014
Art issues - "1986" for Mystic Star table icon, plunger rubber on Shooting The Rapids (unless it's supposed to be white with black outlines), blurry drop targets on Hot Wheels. Physics - weak plunger force needs to be calibrated so that balls launch properly and skill shots are more adjustable.

Last edited:

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Chosen camera preset is not memorised and gets reset by the default preset after restart of the app.

Zankor :

After draining through the right outlane the ball rolls down to the exit of the table way too slow and gets stuck sometimes.

Spinner doesnt seem to add points.

Space Shuttle :

Issue with the plunger mechanic, the ball doesnt get in line with the rod easely and takes a couple of plunges before it finally ejects.

Time Machine :

Overblown red bar,

131771852ee68c32d5ad7908f7fc057f.jpg

Ball is too bouncy, when watching the ball behaviour on a real Time Machine it acts more weighted / solid, (this counts for various ASK tables)

Hot Wheels :

After plunging the ball looses quite some speed or even gets stuck at the spot depicted below, just before it enters the table.

d437e7eac9bcab69fe7bd736a202f344.jpg

Finetuning dynamics of the physics engine for all tables,

It seems on all tables when the ball interacts on low speed, it regularly just drops dead when hitting a slingshot and runs down between the flippers to the exit of the table,

While when running on high speed the bumpers and even stationary objects frequently react with too much force.

It would be a valuable improvement when the physics act more balanced in different situations during gameplay.

Great, i really appreciate this bug update

Last edited:

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Zsolt, thank you for the work you have put into this game. Please look into the way the flippers line up with there corresponding inlane. For example, on Robot when the ball rolls down the right inlane to the right flipper the ball hops when it reaches the top of the flipper making the robot bridge shot very difficult if not impossible. I have noticed the flippers not being perfectly aligned with there inlane on other tables also, but its most obvious to me on Robot because of the all important robot bridge. Thanksgiving in the US today, I count this game and its awesome staff as one thing I am grateful for. Happy Thanksgiving to Zsolt ASK and all my fellow pinball junkies!

haj

Sep 28, 2012
Zsolt, thank you for the update! I'm really looking forward to the motor sound on Clown!

One thing I think has been missing a while is that, upper flipper size of the tables which have them. I think they're too long at hard setting. namely, Devil Riders, Pinball Champ, and Farfalla. Personally I think upper flippers could be short ones even at easy setting (thus only lower flippers are long).

Zevious Zoquis

Jul 27, 2013
Zsolt, thank you for the work you have put into this game. Please look into the way the flippers line up with there corresponding inlane. For example, on Robot when the ball rolls down the right inlane to the right flipper the ball hops when it reaches the top of the flipper making the robot bridge shot very difficult if not impossible. I have noticed the flippers not being perfectly aligned with there inlane on other tables also, but its most obvious to me on Robot because of the all important robot bridge. Thanksgiving in the US today, I count this game and its awesome staff as one thing I am grateful for. Happy Thanksgiving to Zsolt ASK and all my fellow pinball junkies!

Yeah I noticed this too and I never noticed it before this past update as far as I recall.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
. Please look into the way the flippers line up with there corresponding inlane. For example, on Robot when the ball rolls down the right inlane to the right flipper the ball hops when it reaches the top of the flipper making the robot bridge shot very difficult if not impossible.
This is a problem on many tables with the “light“ gap. The strange thing, however, is that Robot has these narrow sling islands also in the VP9 version. I got the red special today on Robot after hitting the ramp five times. I see the biggest problem on Clown where the right flipper almost disappears when choosing a wide gap.

Last edited:

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
88abca99f5d0224fdd668a237c06b955.jpg

Zsolt, can you also address the blurry elements issue on several of the tables? This was an issue from the 2.9 update. Check out the 2 on the Dan wheel and the plastic elements on the sling shots. I'm on an iPad Air.

Last edited:

74-89

May 2, 2014
Zsolt, can you also address the blurry elements issue on several of the tables? This was an issue from the 2.9 update. Check out the 2 on the Dan wheel and the plastic elements on the sling shots. I'm on an iPad Air.

Yes... I see some fuzzies now. Check out the pop bumper in STAR GOD for example, noticeably blurrier now than previously.

Zevious Zoquis

Jul 27, 2013
One way gates at the top of the tables (Blackbelt, EWF) need to be much livelier. Play a few rounds of Earth, Wind & Fire paying attention to the behaviour when the ball hits the one way gates at the top, and then watch this video...

http://youtu.be/sabcm8_pXxY

Also, I'd still like the sound of the ball rolling to be both louder and deeper in tone. It still sounds more like a marble than a metal ball to me...

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.