Zen Pinball 2 - Venom Pinball

The Venom pinball table features Eddie Brock as the Symbiote-empowered villain as he faces not just his mortal enemy, Spider-Man, but also the threat of his twisted offspring, Carnage. Can Venom and Spider-Man team up to defeat a greater threat?

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Sooner me thinks

Zen Pinball 2 on PS3, PS4 & Vita: $2.99/€2,99/£2.49, North America December 9, Europe December 10
Zen Pinball 2 for Mac: $2.99/€2,99/£2.49 on December 10th
Pinball FX2 for Steam & Xbox 360: $2.99/€2,99/£2.49 on December 10th
Pinball FX2 for Xbox One: $2.99/€2,99/£2.49 on December 11th
Zen Pinball 2 for Wii U: $2.99/€2,99/£2.49 on December 11th
Zen Pinball / Marvel Pinball for iOS: $1.99/€1,79/£1.49, December 11th
Zen Pinball HD / Marvel Pinball for Android & Amazon: $1.99/€1,79/£1.49, December 11th

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Venom is out for IOS. Def feels like from the maker of Han Solo. Hard, fun and lots to do. The Carnage mini game is great. Zen's been on a tear since the last Star Wars pack imho.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Venom is out for IOS. Def feels like from the maker of Han Solo. Hard, fun and lots to do. The Carnage mini game is great. Zen's been on a tear since the last Star Wars pack imho.

Is it as easy as Han Solo, in terms of keeping the ball alive. The missions are difficult to beat on Han Solo, but losing the ball is never going to happen if you keep your magna saves stocked up. I had a 3.5 hour game on that one - the longest game of pinball I've ever played.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Is it as easy as Han Solo, in terms of keeping the ball alive. The missions are difficult to beat on Han Solo, but losing the ball is never going to happen if you keep your magna saves stocked up. I had a 3.5 hour game on that one - the longest game of pinball I've ever played.

there is a magna save called anti venom. it's much harder to activate. i've had some crazy Han Solo games too, but 3.5 hours is intense. i remember you writing about that.

i could see playing Venom for 45 or an hour at a stretch once i figure it out. it has a good flow but it's definitely harder with more stuff to do. everything has an extra step or a trick to unlocking or puts pressure on you to execute. Just like Han Solo feels like hanging with Han and Chewy on the Falcon. Venom feels like it's from the 90's run of Spidey when they first introduced Carnage. lot of fun. i've only played it a little, but the more i play, the more i like it.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
there is a magna save called anti venom. it's much harder to activate. i've had some crazy Han Solo games too, but 3.5 hours is intense. i remember you writing about that.

i could see playing Venom for 45 or an hour at a stretch once i figure it out. it has a good flow but it's definitely harder with more stuff to do. everything has an extra step or a trick to unlocking or puts pressure on you to execute. Just like Han Solo feels like hanging with Han and Chewy on the Falcon. Venom feels like it's from the 90's run of Spidey when they first introduced Carnage. lot of fun. i've only played it a little, but the more i play, the more i like it.

I know of 4 ball savers:

- The default one
- Ball Capture (get lucky from the WEB targets)
- Spider-Sense (nudge the ball correctly out of the outlane to save the ball and earn big points)
-'Anti-Venom (complete SUIT targets)

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
I know of 4 ball savers:

- The default one
- Ball Capture (get lucky from the WEB targets)
- Spider-Sense (nudge the ball correctly out of the outlane to save the ball and earn big points)
-'Anti-Venom (complete SUIT targets)

forgot about ball capture. :D

What do you think of the table so far?

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Pros:
- Theme is executed extremely well.
- Art looks beautiful, lots of dark shades and colors. Probably one of my favorite art packages.
- DAT MUSIC.
- Carnage mini playfield is a novel idea that should be executed on other tables.
- Deep rules remind me quite a bit of modern Stern tables (complete 6 tasks to start wizard mode).

Cons:
- Scoring unbalanced towards Carnage and Wallcrawler Battle.
- At times the table feels like a sequel to the Spider-Man table from the first Marvel pack.
- Alien lanes impossible to hit - at the moment I have only started Planet of the Symbiotes once

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Pros:
- Theme is executed extremely well.
- Art looks beautiful, lots of dark shades and colors. Probably one of my favorite art packages.
- DAT MUSIC.
- Carnage mini playfield is a novel idea that should be executed on other tables.
- Deep rules remind me quite a bit of modern Stern tables (complete 6 tasks to start wizard mode).

Cons:
- Scoring unbalanced towards Carnage and Wallcrawler Battle.
- At times the table feels like a sequel to the Spider-Man table from the first Marvel pack.
- Alien lanes impossible to hit - at the moment I have only started Planet of the Symbiotes once

Agree.

Any idea how to hit the "e" in jailbreak in the carnage mini game? For the life of me I can't get it.

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
This table is great not sure if I'm a big fan with the small area you have to work with down low, but I'm getting multiball quite a bit now the more I play it. Athough that mode isn't to lucrative (to me anyway).

pinsam

Oct 13, 2014
Pros:

- DAT MUSIC.

Funny you should say that. I was just about to come here to moan about the poor music in Zen tables...I didn't like this one either.

(Sometimes they're also painfully repetitive, like the Cantina theme in the 'Han Solo' table. It's a fun tune for the few minutes you hear it in SW Ep IV, but not for hours and hours... The 'Empire' theme is a similar thing.)

Different strokes for different folks :)

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
Not a fan of this one. Too small an area down below and just not a great layout in general. Definitely well into the bottom half of tables.

CC13

Sep 1, 2012
Agree.

Any idea how to hit the "e" in jailbreak in the carnage mini game? For the life of me I can't get it.

I was actually wondering if anyone else was having as much trouble as me with the Jailbreak ramp—I manage to get maybe 1 ball in 20 to not brick the shot.

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
I was actually wondering if anyone else was having as much trouble as me with the Jailbreak ramp—I manage to get maybe 1 ball in 20 to not brick the shot.

I'm usually hitting it from the right flipper while the ball is trapped, you are talking about the ramp shaped like a question mark on the right side ? This is a tuff table I've only managed 68,253,856 and that is good for 8th place on Android achieved that score by starting Goo on You Ball. Here is a great game I found on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrkzI6kU7hs

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.