Bug: Pin*bot uses plunger view while playing

uwsublime

Nov 26, 2014
Xbox One, Pin*bot table:

During play, there are several bugs related to putting the balls in pin*bot's eyes. I have gotten both balls simultaneously in one eye, which forced me to 'call attendant'. I have also gotten one ball in the eye, while another ball was up in the upper right spiral area and for some reason the ball in the upper right froze in place. Again, I had to 'call attendant'. Another thing that can happen, is you can get one ball in the eye, and at close to the same time get the other ball in the plunger. Any of the above 3 will result in you launching one ball while another ball is locked. This wouldn't be a big deal except, the view remains in the plunger view AFTER you launch the ball. I have had several games above 10 million where I lost both of my balls due to this bug. It's very frustrating.

BBIAJ

Jul 31, 2012
Yet more bugs, and to think, Farsight are charging £31.99 PER SEASON PASS, when Season Three contains less than half (just 10 tables), of Season One (21 tables), that's a lot for so many broken tables with game crippling bugs.

uwsublime

Nov 26, 2014
Thanks for the video Mark. This plunger view bug is frequent on pin*bot and it's obviously affecting other tables as well. It should really be an easy fix... If a ball is in play, you use play view, not plunger view.

uwsublime

Nov 26, 2014
So, I had the opposite issue with the view on Whirlwind. The view remains in table view during launches of the ball.

Yet another view issue on Cue Ball Wizard - after multiball, the view no longer follows the ball to the top of the table.

uwsublime

Nov 26, 2014
Another view bug found.... Dr. Dude multiball, shot one ball into the molecule spinner thing, then shot another ball toward the top of the table. The view zoomed in on the molecule thing. Both balls came down to the bottom of the table but the view stayed up top. I couldn't even see the flippers. Instant death.

uwsublime

Nov 26, 2014
This Dr. Dude view bug is completely gamebreaking. It happens on almost every multiball. The table is unplayable. This is a season two table and it still has gamebreaking bugs? Can anyone who plays on other platforms tell me if this is Xbone specific? If not, it's unforgivable that it's not fixed by now.

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Another view bug found.... Dr. Dude multiball, shot one ball into the molecule spinner thing, then shot another ball toward the top of the table. The view zoomed in on the molecule thing. Both balls came down to the bottom of the table but the view stayed up top. I couldn't even see the flippers. Instant death.

This is a problem on steam, but can be fixed by disabling 'event camera'. Hopefully this option is available on the One.

uwsublime

Nov 26, 2014
Thank you for the info, I will try that. Obviously hitting balls in there on multiball is the key to scoring on this table so it's very frustrating. I just had a 24m point game and lost both of my multiballs to this bug. They should just fix it... How hard can it be to have the camera follow the balls? I've waited 2 years to get this back on Xbox and so far it's nothing but frustration. Zen tables are a lot cheaper and they aren't buggy. Does Farsight even test these? A single game on just about any table would come up with bugs.

uwsublime

Nov 26, 2014
I wouldn't say boring. I like TPA tables better, but I spent the last 2 years without TPA and Zen got me through it. Also, having no worries whether your awesome game will be ruined by a gamebreaking bug is a nice feeling.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.