Limited Time Achievement: Genie Challenge

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
Fellow Xboners, don't forget you only have through the end of 2014 to defeat Saleem Bagazi and complete the Genie Challenge!

I posted a solution over at TrueAchievements.com that you can check out should you need help getting it to pop.

As I noted there, I still don't seem to have access to the TOTAN ball skin supposedly unlocked by completing the challenge. Have any of you figured out how to make this happen?

Anyway, I hope we see more of these challenges pop up next year. I know the Xbox One achievement system allows for developers to add new challenges to existing titles, but it must be a pain in the ass or something because I haven't seen many other games taking advantage of this feature. Hopefully FarSight find the time! It's a cool way to distribute extra content like ball skins, and I like being able to complete time-limited tasks like this and have a record of having been there when it was active.

Last edited:

BBIAJ

Jul 31, 2012
I think they may have accidentally already made the ball available to all.

It's the last ball when scrolling through the skins from left to right.

It's a cloudy blue ball, not the metallic one as seen here:

ddd225f95b82c8f7332e9e5545ae50ab.jpg

I actually managed to compete the Harem goal today, the first time ever in all my time playing TPA since it launched several years ago, and I freed the Princess too!

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
Ah, OK. I'm not sure what I was expecting it to look like, I guess. And they're not labeled. How do you know that one is the Tales ball, out of curiosity?

BBIAJ

Jul 31, 2012
I'm just guessing, because I've not seen it in the Xbox 360 version. I'll take a photo of the ball I think it is later.

Last edited:

BBIAJ

Jul 31, 2012
My final thought on this, when setting up the Season One table specific balls on my PS Vita just now whilst watching the Patriots Vs. Chargers game, is that the same blue cloudy ball appears, in order, between the Scared Stiff and Taxi tables (the Star Trek: TNG balls are always listed earlier on).

MichRX7

Aug 2, 2012
Harem multiball is all about patience and the far left lane. Hold on the right flipper and make sure that tiger and hold lights are not lit (tiger will go out after a few seconds) and shoot it up that ramp, wash, rinse and repeat until you get harem.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts