Ball reflection on the playfield

night

May 18, 2012
This came up months ago, but I wonder of it would be possible to add a reflection from the ball on the playfield..

T2closeup.JPG

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
This came up months ago, but I wonder of it would be possible to add a reflection from the ball on the playfield..
Yes, it would be. We haven't played with this idea so far because playfield of Zaccaria tables are so matte that ball reflection almost isn't noticeable.

night

May 18, 2012
Ok, I see. How about the idea to make the playfield reflective? Of course I don't know about programing, but if it is possible to make the glass reflective, then it would be possible to make the playfield reflective as well I guess? (Of course the reflection should be to a lesser degree than the glass). That would really add to the realism. Just thinking out loud. :)

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Zsolt is saying that real zaccs play fields have a matte finish - meaning NOT reflective - so making the play field glossy would actually be unrealistic.

night

May 18, 2012
Zsolt is saying that real zaccs play fields have a matte finish - meaning NOT reflective - so making the play field glossy would actually be unrealistic.

Yes, you are right, I did not read well. :)

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
Well, if I may suggest, although the playfield may typically not be reflective, collectors are known to clearcoat their beloved pins and then trust me, even Zaccaria playfield become reflective. ;)

Would be a cool bonus similar to the dirty/scratched playfield glass but of course not super important on the list of things to do.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.