What happened with future pinball?

Garycope

Nov 5, 2013
I remember when future pinball was so easy to setup. Put table in table folder and other files in library folder and play. Now there are so many different physics engines and each table uses different ones. There is BAM witch controls the engines. I load a table and it starts to load and it never starts! It's now as difficult as visual pinball to play. I always thought software should be made easier to use as it evolves not more difficult. I always enjoyed FP but now I think I'll stick with TPA.

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
I still prefer Future Pinball to TPA yes that is right I said it. FP plays like real pinball especially in multiball you can hold two balls on a flipper and one on another and TPA doesn't play that way plain and simple. Bought a copy of Windows 7 to run Future Pinball exclusively so maybe you are having problems trying to run it with Win 8, I had all kinds of issues trying to get it too run with Windows 8. If you right click your mouse (on the exe) run the program as an administrator and run it in compatibility mode with Windows XP service pack 3. Other then that make sure to uncheck display playfield images in editor if you don't do that it can cause a lot of problems with the game crashing. Stick with it and don't give up I'm playing great renditions of modern machines and there is all kinds of help out there with sites like gopinball.org and vpforums.

Last edited:

sid8580

Dec 3, 2014
FP plays like real pinball especially in multiball you can hold two balls on a flipper and one on another and TPA doesn't play that way plain and simple.

Although i didn't play a real pinball table for over 20 years, in TPA this work without any problems for me.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
I still prefer Future Pinball to TPA yes that is right I said it. FP plays like real pinball especially in multiball you can hold two balls on a flipper and one on another and TPA doesn't play that way plain and simple. Bought a copy of Windows 7 to run Future Pinball exclusively so maybe you are having problems trying to run it with Win 8, I had all kinds of issues trying to get it too run with Windows 8. If you right click your mouse (on the exe) run the program as an administrator and run it in compatibility mode with Windows XP service pack 3. Other then that make sure to uncheck display playfield images in editor if you don't do that it can cause a lot of problems with the game crashing. Stick with it and don't give up I'm playing great renditions of modern machines and there is all kinds of help out there with sites like gopinball.org and vpforums.

Seriously??? I think it blows monkeys!!

Not to crack on you. I respect your opinion but it was only on my iPad for a day

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
To each is own I guess, everyone is going to have a preference when it comes to playing simulated pinball I just know that for me tricks like post passes work with FP and don't for TPA. How were you able to run a PC program on your iPad ? Don't own one so I did not know it was possible.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Seriously??? I think it blows monkeys!!

Not to crack on you. I respect your opinion but it was only on my iPad for a day

Are you sure you are thinking of the correct Future Pinball? Because I don't think you can get this on your ipad. If you can please tell me how, I'd love it for the EMs.

Last edited:

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
There is no FP for the mobiles. Development stalled like 5 years ago. Bronco Pinball from Dr. Castello is a weird app made of Popotte's table. It's a pity that it is so slow. The web page is impressive.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
FP is absolutely gorgeous but without extensive physics mods it plays nothing like real pinball. Even the physics mods are limited and feel like a lot of hackery.

VP with the new physics plays a lot like real pinball. The Dx9 support really brings it to life as well

Members online

Members online