Bug Dragon Ramp return accelerates the ball

Postal

Jun 17, 2012
I have been seeing this quite a bit, where the Dragon Ramp shot will return the ball at near full speed without any slowing, often causing me to miss shots. The left ramp works great, slowing the ball at the bottom and dropping it on the board for a flipper shot. The right ramp will drop the ball back on the table without any slowing.

Is this just me or are other seeing the same type of high speed return?

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Not just you. I complained about this a while ago, as well as the gap between the flippers.

Postal

Jun 17, 2012
Wow, gotta love scoring your best game... only to have the last ball drain because it accelerated through the dragon ramp return. <sarcasm> AWESOME!!!!! </sarcasm>

Now that I'm aware of both the bumper gap issue and the ramp return, this game has amplified in frustration.

PLEASE FIX!!!!!!!!!!

Not just you. I complained about this a while ago, as well as the gap between the flippers.

Jake Lopez

FarSight Employee
Jun 21, 2012
As frustrating as all these bugs are I assure you all they are being worked on currently. As far as the flipper fix, its done, just waiting to be thrown into the mix with the ramp fixes and draining straight down the middle. I'm hopeful these will be done soon, I got my fingers crossed as well. As always, you will all be the first to know

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
On the PS3 you can simply hold up the right flipper, anticipating the ultra-fast ball from the Dragon Ramp. The ball will go to the left flipper and you are ready to shoot the Dragon Ramp again.

Bahnzo

Apr 18, 2012
IMO, the entire table is too quick. I've played a lot of MM in my time, on a machine that was properly maintained, and the PS3 version (only one I have) is *much* too quick. It's more than just the ramps don't slow the ball down enough....the entire physics of the table are off. Maybe the table has too steep of an angle programmed in? But I assure you, the table plays far too fast than it's real life counterpart.

Take a look at this video and then compare to the game.

http://vimeo.com/20340486

baronkohinar

May 29, 2012
As far as the flipper fix, its done, just waiting to be thrown into the mix with the ramp fixes and draining straight down the middle.

Great to hear, thanks as always for the update! Is the 'draining straight down the middle' referencing the trouble with the peasant ramp returning balls incorrectly? Because that would be even better!

Stormchild

Jun 24, 2012
Great to hear, thanks as always for the update! Is the 'draining straight down the middle' referencing the trouble with the peasant ramp returning balls incorrectly? Because that would be even better!

I don't think the peasant ramp is doing anything different than the real table (from what I remember, there was always a relatively high risk of a SDTM drain off that). I believe the issue in that case is that there's an overly large gap between the flippers, which has been acknowleged but not yet fixed. On the real table, you could usually at least tap it with the tip of the right flipper, bouncing it over to the left — and it only took a gentle nudge to ensure that would happen, whereas on the Pinball Arcade version, even a violent shake won't save most SDTM returns from the peasant ramp.

The occasional surprisingly fast return from the damsel/dragon ramp also occurred on the real table, but I don't remember it happening as often as it does in the Pinball Arcade version.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
ramp still drains full speed. It would make sense if the rails where open and not closed at the end, but its closed and has a hole it has to FALL through NOPE! it just blast through like its WIDE OPEN! TPBA is turning into a REAL PINBALL ARCADE where every table somethings not working right.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I didnt see a place to post and I dont know how to start new thread. WTF is up with the wobbling ball out of the left joust lane? Only when hit fast it does it and wobbles to the right flipper intead of usual left.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Welp, no table updates with the most recent iOS release. That means, no MM fixes AT ALL. Including this.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Welp, no table updates with the most recent iOS release. That means, no MM fixes AT ALL. Including this.

FarSight had other priorities with the current Android and iOS updates, but I assure you, table fixes and improvements are coming within the next two weeks.

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
Will be nice to see the fixes. I'll pick the game up again after that... try to beat my own 270M score. (Honestly don't know how people have scored a BILLION points in this game... I wonder if there's an exploit)

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Will be nice to see the fixes. I'll pick the game up again after that... try to beat my own 270M score. (Honestly don't know how people have scored a BILLION points in this game... I wonder if there's an exploit)
It's been done on the physical table, so 1B+ scores are probably not exploits. Among other things, Battle for the Kingdom is 50M+50M each time through, and it also enables Victory Laps and Ultra Combos (which essentially means all major shots become 1M for the rest of the ball).

Tokyo Rose

Jul 13, 2012
Just a minor bug to report , and it could possibly be a one-off ,as my second game did not replicate it ( but it was a short one ). During multi-ball , noticed stuttering/ momentary freezing of the balls until only one remained and then all was fine again. I've read where some players feel this may have to do with Game Center support and possibly turning it off may help , etc.
Anyone else experienced this since the recent update ? Seems rather minor overall though and was still playable , and if a common enough occurrence, perhaps a quick patch like the one for MB last month may be in order. IOS is challenging enough with limited nudging and flipper gap already on this table. :)

Tokyo Rose

Jul 13, 2012
Okay; have played a few more games today and unfortunately the flickering/stuttering/freezing has reappeared each time, and this did not happen at all before the update. I replicated it in 4 consecutive games. It appears always in the multiball that happens when you shoot 3 balls into the side of the castle. Didn't see it in the Joust/Damsel/etc. multiballs though , but it may be in others . Hopefully it is confined to just the castle multiball so it would likely be an easier patch such as we had with the Frankenstein multiball on MB last month.

Hmmm. Further games show it happening in Troll Madness Multiball and others too. Must be a general Multiball problem then. Doesn't always appear right away, but often around 10-20 seconds into a Multiball I'm always seeing some negative effect happen and of varying degrees of severity as well .

Oh , this is IOS version , BTW.

Last edited:

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Definitely some weird acceleration occurring in the right inlane after a right ramp return on the 360 version. Thankfully, this is easily worked around by holding the right flipper up to obtain a nice roll pass and trap on the left flipper, but the table shouldn't be doing this.

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
Yes, the annoying thing is that it only happens sometimes and this really irritates me. I have stopped playing the table.

Members online

Members online