Believe it or not feature - Where is it? What is it?

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
I've been trying to find any info on the so-called "Believe it or not feature" which is touted in the RBION Table History on TPA, as well as in the ipdb.org description. There seems to be no reliable info anywhere on the net, except for a discussion on old pinball newsgroups stating that it was never implemented...

'Believe it or Not.'® feature: This multi-level rule enables the beginning player to achieve some of the game's goals early on, while it allows the more advanced player to extend their opportunities through better play.

Does anyone here know if this "feature" just refers to the framework of the entire ruleset or if there really is a specific way of selecting one mode VS. the other?

Also, if the feature was never truly implemented, why did FarSight choose to highlight it in their history text?

So many questions...

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Ah, I've gotten that before - you do something to trigger it, then pop it into the shrunken head (not sure what it is that triggers it though, I only know I've gotten it before). It'll say "Believe it or not" on the screen, along with a fact. I know I've gotten 2 million points from it before.

Sorry I couldn't be much help with triggering the thing.

Patrick McBride

Feb 20, 2012
Perhaps its referring to the scoop on the left that highlights different parts of "Believe it or Not" and then when it's finished it gives you a "random" reward?? The rewards vary greatly, and seem to be contextual depending on what's going on in the game. For instance, when you're in a mode it can give you extra time on the clock. Anyways, I'm really not sure if that's the "feature" or not... just throwing it out there :confused:

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
hmm... given the high value of some of the rewards, such as an instant Ripley letter or an instant extra ball (or at least light extra ball IIRC) you may be right, Patrick!

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I thought it was the Odditorium awards but they don't factor into the ruleset at all. The only things that would really be worthwhile is achieving the bonuses for Frog Frenzy or the Ripley letters. That or jewels to complete a 3 in a row.

Advalle

Jul 18, 2012
I thought it was the Odditorium awards but they don't factor into the ruleset at all. The only things that would really be worthwhile is achieving the bonuses for Frog Frenzy or the Ripley letters. That or jewels to complete a 3 in a row.

It's a shaity mode which you get after shooting the upper left loop three times, it sucks so dont get too excited friend.

Advalle

Jul 18, 2012
thing is this mode wont jack up your point profile, so dont get to worried or interested about it. It is just one more oddity lol, this table has many distractors. I would like the order of its awards though so we can exploit it

Last edited:

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
The "Believe or not feature" is the scoop/up kicker thing on the left/middle that has a big giant arrow pointing to it that says "Believe it or not". When lit it gives a random award which you would have had to make shots to get.

"'Believe it or Not.'® feature: This multi-level rule enables the beginning player to achieve some of the game's goals early on, while it allows the more advanced player to extend their opportunities through better play."
This means that a beginning player can get awards and modes to begin even if they don't hit the shots required. Thats the point of it. Some people don't like the idea because hey whats the point of making shots is you can get all the awards and modes started by just lighting Believe it or Not and then hitting the scoop over and over. I assume not all awards and modes are available through this method but I don't know. Read the table rules for more info.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts