Trophies for season 2?

mitch3040

Dec 23, 2014
I just finished standard goals on centaur and no trophy. Does anyone know if trophies will be awarded for season 2 and 3?

Canadian365

Jun 26, 2012
FS trophy supported ended with season two unfortunately! Too bad they couldn't have each future table as a type of add on to allow like other developers can do. Sadly missed bragging rights...

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
They (FarSight) should have added trophy support to Season 2. Seriously.... Unless they have plans to put trophies for something in the future. If not, then this is bad. Reminds me of the PS3/Vita situation all over again. Heck I still don't have some of the Vita trophies because of that whole situation. Anyway, I was disappointed not to see an update for trophy support for the season though. I was looking forward to getting some more trophies. It's all good though.

I wonder though what's going on with the Pro support for Season 2. It's the reason why I haven't purchased the season bundle yet. Hell it's the only reason why I haven't purchased it. Why did they leave it out?

mitch3040

Dec 23, 2014
I really do love trying to get standard and wizard goals to get trophies. Now its like an anticlimactic ending

iCub

Oct 8, 2012
I am sure I read somewhere that the trophy limit that applied to PS3 titles wouldn't happen on the PS4.... Updates (or in this case seasons) can have their own subsection of trophies. Certainly if you look at the ZP2 list, the trophies have been subdivided into DLC packs. Also, as PA Season 2 is getting a disc release (at least in Europe), I would have thought that it would count as a whole new title and therefore be allowed a new set of trophies by Sony's rules.... It's all down to titles being given a certain number of points to dish out based on the game size/scope apparently. Way back in the early PS3 era when trophies were first introduced, they became mandatory for all new releases :-/

ThePinballFan

Jan 3, 2015
Season 2 will be out early february in Europe, I wonder if the retail disc will feature any trophies.
Would be the first PS4 disc without them.

Silverball67

Jan 1, 2015
Season 2 will be out early february in Europe, I wonder if the retail disc will feature any trophies.
Would be the first PS4 disc without them.

That would be a strange thing, but odd things seem to be the speciality of the relationship between Sony and Farsight.
I´m lucky, ´cause I used the thin timeframe before X-ms to download most of the season 2 tables on PSN-EU, after they vanished, due to contract limitations.

ThePinballFan

Jan 3, 2015
That would be a strange thing, but odd things seem to be the speciality of the relationship between Sony and Farsight.
I´m lucky, ´cause I used the thin timeframe before X-ms to download most of the season 2 tables on PSN-EU, after they vanished, due to contract limitations.

I know the season 2 tables were available in december but only as packs, I wanted to save some money.
That's why I don't bought the packs, I want the complete Season 2 as cheap as possible.o
The packs are vanished from the SCEE PSN, I have to wait, so it doesn't matter anymore.
I will buy the retail disc next month instead, By the way I'am curious to find out if the retail disc will have trophies or not.
My ambition is awakened, I need to figure it out now and I will reply afterwards in this thread.
My bet is, there are no trophies on the disc either.
Farsight is really, strange at making marketing deals.
I will support them no doubt, but they are a odd company.
Maybe just to small to run a business properly, Farsight needs more resources.
They don't have a fund like EA.
So they need support from us, their faithful fans.
I got a Buddy of mine in TPA too and I will upgrade in Pro Season's, wanted to explore the pinball tables art. (Back Glass/Playing Field/Sound)

Last edited:

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
They (FarSight) should have added trophy support to Season 2. Seriously.... Unless they have plans to put trophies for something in the future. If not, then this is bad. Reminds me of the PS3/Vita situation all over again. Heck I still don't have some of the Vita trophies because of that whole situation. Anyway, I was disappointed not to see an update for trophy support for the season though. I was looking forward to getting some more trophies. It's all good though.

I wonder though what's going on with the Pro support for Season 2. It's the reason why I haven't purchased the season bundle yet. Hell it's the only reason why I haven't purchased it. Why did they leave it out?

Even the XB One version has achievements for three seasons. Not very many, but it still counts. Why FarSight could not, and would not do that for their Playstation platforms they allegedly support, none can guess.

Especially since they had more than a year to get the PS4 release right.

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
Even the XB One version has achievements for three seasons. Not very many, but it still counts. Why FarSight could not, and would not do that for their Playstation platforms they allegedly support, none can guess.

Especially since they had more than a year to get the PS4 release right.

Yeah that's been on my mind too! The fact that XB One has achievements (even if its different from PS4) and FS just stopped doing trophies for PS4. They certainly can add more seeing as the PS3 has more trophies than the PS4 even. I don't know why FS does this with PS. I know about the trophy cap, but they are still able to add more...yet they didn't/don't.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
If Sony can just kill the YouTube app, "Near" and Maps on the VITA, I'm sure they can backport the new trophies on PS4 if/when available to PS3 as well.

Silverball67

Jan 1, 2015
It´s, of course, not a matter of the ability to backport the trophies, it´s a question of Sonys good will to do that. And this depends on the efforts by Farsight to motivate Sony. I have my doubt about FS, spending much energy in that.

Members online

Members online