I feel cheated, Free version doesn't get updated at the same time? Unbelievable!!!!

Supermans

Jun 19, 2012
I purchased every downloadable table from the free version of the game making it no longer free, yet you guys release an update to the 99 cent version only?

Edit...Now we know it wasn't their fault since the apple store didn't approve of the free version update yet, and both versions are not compatible with each other so you have to ask for a refund of the free version through apple and then redownload and pay for the other version if you want the newer tables this week. I am still waiting for a response from apple to see if they allow this.

Last edited:

Supermans

Jun 19, 2012
How hard can it be to eliminate one of the two versions and have the database of users who purchased tables copied over to both versions. That way all we would have to do who have in app purchases inside the free version is to delete it and redownload the 99 cent version and be able to download all of the purchased tables. I wouldn't mind spending that 99cents either to be able to do this.

Last edited:

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
And that Free version garners some awful reviews in iApp Store too!

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I remember reading somewhere they said if they had it all to do over again, they would've only released one single app to begin with.

gsxrboy

Feb 21, 2012
See if Apple will allow you to refund the payment of the DLC, explain to them what you want to do and then purchase the non free version and then grab the tables via DLC inside the paid variant. There is a report a problem button inside your invoice receipt email, or you could do it from within your iTunes account.

Worth a try!

Supermans

Jun 19, 2012
I remember reading somewhere they said if they had it all to do over again, they would've only released one single app to begin with.

Yeah, if only I had known. I love this game and I hope to see Star Trek TNG, Twilight Zone, and Addams Family tables, however I'd be even more upset if it was one of those games released and I wasn't able to download it from within the free version because they were too lazy to compile both before releasing an update.

I am asking Apple for a refund so I can re-download the game.

Last edited:

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
You have to wait a few days (not even 48 business hours yet) extra and you feel cheated?

First world problems....aint they a *****.

ps: you do know this board isn't owned/modded/kept up by Farsight right?

Last edited:

Supermans

Jun 19, 2012
You have to wait a few days (not even 48 business hours yet) extra and you feel cheated?

First world problems....aint they a *****.

ps: you do know this board isn't owned/modded/kept up by Farsight right?

Actually I didn't know that this forum was not owned, modded and kept up by farsight. So they do not come in here and read or reply to threads on occasion? Do they have an official forum that I'm unaware of? Anyways, if you notice, this thread was my first post. As usual with internet rants, they can sound worse than they really are. However in this case, and I am not the only one if you go and read the complaints and see the lower star ratings the free ios version gets compared to the 99cent version you can understand. From reading this forum, most forum members bought the 99 cent version and are unnafected by this problem. Kudos to you. However having supported this pinball game by buying all the tables, and spending $50 to kickstart Twilight Zone and now will be spending some more to kickstart Star Trek TNG, I would hope that Farsight shows a little more respect to us and fixes this problem with having two versions of a game for download. And yes it is a problem when things like this occur. Is it the end of the world? Absolutly not, however I feel this rant is waranted and hopefully someone from Farsight does happen to read it. At the very least in their next board meeting, this issue can be brought up and hopefully the solution of merging the two occurs. Or at least allowing paying users to be able to delete the free one, pay 99 cents for the other and be able to not have to re-buy every table, simply re-download them. Kapeesh

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Farsight does read this forum and their developers do post here often.....although mostly only their 360 and Android developers. I think they do have someone reading the iOS and Sony threads now too.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
From reading this forum, most forum members bought the 99 cent version and are unnafected by this problem. Kudos to you.

Nope, I got the Free version and waiting like everyone else.

As usual with internet rants, they can sound worse than they really are.
No you want to make it sound worse then it really is, because "it is the internet, and that is excuse enough to act self-entitled, trollish and rude". Sofar we've (or rather the mods) have been able to battle the "standard" internet behaviour on this board, and keep it to a mature level, so if you act like that, people will call you out on it.

It's not your message I object to, it's your delivery.

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
You can't download your bought tables to the 99 cent version just because you've bought them in the free version? Wow, thats really really ugly!

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Its a shame really i had considered using the free version to play the latest update and downgrade the paid one via cydia ....just to play blackhole....i know its bad

Oh well ill live as will gorgar

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Cry me a river. Why didn't you buy the first one for $1. Too cheap?

And i thought i was a hard ass;)

Nothing wrong with trying a game out first man, if people dont think tpa is worth the few pennies asked theres something wrong with them.

A demos a must.....ya know first ones free...the rest....*twitch*

Supermans

Jun 19, 2012
Nope, I got the Free version and waiting like everyone else.

No you want to make it sound worse then it really is, because "it is the internet, and that is excuse enough to act self-entitled, trollish and rude". Sofar we've (or rather the mods) have been able to battle the "standard" internet behaviour on this board, and keep it to a mature level, so if you act like that, people will call you out on it.

It's not your message I object to, it's your delivery.

Calling me names does what exactly? Someone in another thread after having bought all the tables within the free version decided to pay for and download the 99 cent version and now has two icons with two tables working in one and the rest in the other. I can do the same however I choose not to. It is not the end of the world either way however I would like to see this problem fixed. I am hoping my rant at the very least is read by the developers and perhaps they can fix this little problem since it is not simply waiting patiently for gorgar and monster bash, but making it fair for everyone who paid good money for this game within the free version. And to the poster who asks why I didn't purchase the 99 cent version, if you read my post above you would know that I did not know it existed. If. I did I would have bought it.

Pinball Arcade

FarSight Employee
Jun 11, 2012
The Updates for the Trial Version and the Full Version were submitted at the same time on the same day. Apple only expedited the Full Paid Version of Pinball Arcade due to the fact that the game will be featured in the AppStore as App of the Week. The Free version was not expedited and will be available later this week or next, depending on when Apple is finished with the review process. We try to get the Updates out to the public as quickly and efficiently as possible, but we are limited by the publishers and their terms.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.