Event Camera Question - Is there a bug?

Mark Ellis

Nov 18, 2014
It seems like Pinball Arcade randomly decides whether or not Event Camera mode should be active, regardless of the settings on the table. The toggle in the options menu never seems to work for me. It just seems really strange that sometimes, I'll play Medieval Madness and the Event Camera is on, then the next session I'll play it and it'll be off. Is there a button on the PS4 controller that turns it on/off that I might be hitting accidentally? Just wondering what I'm missing.

Sorry if this has been answered previously, if it was, I couldn't find it.

Mark Ellis

Nov 18, 2014
Maybe I'm using the incorrect nomenclature, who knows, haven't seen any sort of instruction manual for the game. It's definitely not multiball camera, because it only happens when one ball is active. The camera seems to follow the ball around the table. Say, for example, on the MM table I brought up in the original post, I plunge the ball for the regular skill shot. The camera zooms up there to show me the lanes. Then, when the ball falls from the jet bumpers to the flippers, it zooms back to the regular view. Then I'll shoot around for the joust loop, and it'll follow the ball up to the top. If I get multiplayer, it zooms out to the full table view.

But sometimes, I'll get the full table view for the whole game. And without changing settings within the game. Very confusing.

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
The square button. It's the one you want.

It locks and unlocks the feature you describe.
You'll see the icon in the lower left corner.
I use locked on some tables and unlocked on others.

I still get confused about some of the camera settings in the menus however.

Mark Ellis

Nov 18, 2014
I'll have to give that a try, thanks Squid! I thought that just toggled the view the opposite way the circle button does. At least that's what the controller layout screen lead me to believe.

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
I just checked. The description on the controls is a bit vague. It lists square, triangle and circle as 'camera control'.

Triangle toggles the DMD on screen.
Circle changes the angle of the camera.
Square changes it to where the camera follows the one ball to the upper playfield or not.

Mark Ellis

Nov 18, 2014
Excellent. I'll be messing with it when I get home. I had a feeling it had something to do with my button-mashing ways when playing that game sometimes.

So, I guess that begs one more question. What's the event camera in the options?

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
So, I guess that begs one more question. What's the event camera in the options?
The actual Event Camera focuses on a certain spots on the table during events.

Examples:
- On Twilight Zone, the Event Camera zooms onto the mini-playfield (magnet flippers) when the ball is on it.
- On Taxi, the Event Camera focuses on the bottom of the back box when you active Joyride.
- On Circus Voltaire, the Event Camera focuses on the back box during the cannon mission.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Event cam can get stuck sometimes so I recommend turning it off. Only tables I have it on are Star Trek and T2, as it helps aiming.
On circus voltaire it only affects zoom in on ringmaster, back box will get zoomed in during canon mission regardless of event cam setting.

Mark Ellis

Nov 18, 2014
Awesome. Played with the settings as mentioned last night, and did amazingly well on Medieval Madness. *Just* missed getting into the Battle for the Kingdom. Had everything but the Castle Crusher medal, and was one hit on the gate from having it opened. Oh well. Maybe next time.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
The actual Event Camera focuses on a certain spots on the table during events.

Examples:
- On Twilight Zone, the Event Camera zooms onto the mini-playfield (magnet flippers) when the ball is on it.
- On Taxi, the Event Camera focuses on the bottom of the back box when you active Joyride.
- On Circus Voltaire, the Event Camera focuses on the back box during the cannon mission.

-The Mixmaster on Dr. Dude
-The gumball machine on TZ
-The Bride on BoP
-FUEL playfield on Victory

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.