Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Always for modes

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Usually for Score - if I'm chasing Goals for example I'll go for necessary modes (unless of course the Goal is "Score x Points").

Also some tables the default "score lots of points" option is boring as heck (see Earthshaker center ramp, et al.) so I'll mix things up a bit.

mikehg

Feb 5, 2014
Yeah, I forgot about goals :rolleyes:

But in my defence they're not fundamental to pinball, they're an added extra - and generally are either score or mode based.

Plus they're limited - once you've got them you've got them. The satisfaction of starting a tricky mode, or beating a high score, is infinitely repeatable.

JefferyD

May 10, 2013
Totally depends on the table, and for my favorite tables I have personal “win” scenarios. For Firepower I consider it a minor victory if I last long enough to get it to say “you won one mission;” a major victory is topping a million. Monster Bash, all I care about is getting a full-set of instruments and I couldn’t care less about points. Big Shot, I just use the 250,000 points as my victory goal. And so on.

I'm more about modes and personal goals unless, of course, I'm on a freakishly good first ball and then I'm all about the points.

mikehg

Feb 5, 2014
OK, so who voted none of the above..?

Intriguing. I only put that in for completeness.

So what do you play for? Wrist exercise? Black Knight 2000's theme music, maybe? :p

L

libellule

OK, so who voted none of the above..?

Intriguing. I only put that in for completeness.

So what do you play for? Wrist exercise? Black Knight 2000's theme music, maybe? :p

i did. i play for the flow.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Mostly modes. Score chases can become boring, and I'm not good enough to make a dent leaderboard wise. But if I can Rule the Universe, Battle the Kingdom or get the three multiballs in BSD going, I'm happy.

mikehg

Feb 5, 2014
libellule: Good answer!

:cool:

Fungi: I know what you mean - I reckon I'd be more interested in score if I wasn't shockingly bad at getting it...

Last edited:

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Usually for score.

For a table, I have a performance ladder, relating my rank in the leaderboard:

- Beyond 1000th = bad
- Between 500-1000th = just OK
- Between 200-500th = good
- Top 200 = achievement
- Top 100 = extremely good
- Top 50 = Awesome
- Top 20 = King of Da World

Most of the time, once I've reached Top 500, then I play mainly to achieve wizard goals. And trying to reach the Top 200 if possible (depends the table).

Last edited:

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
It's different between TPA and real machines. In TPA, always for score. On real machines, usually for modes. I really don't know what my high score on a real STTNG is, but do know I've made Final Frontier about five times including twice in one game.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts