Bring on White Water!

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Isn't White Water a perfect fit for TPA? It's in the Top 15 at both ipdb and pinside..... and best of all: no extra licenses to obtain. It seems like a lock in, right?

I'm genuinely surprised Farsight hasn't mentioned it yet...I guess it just goes to show that we still have a ton of good tables to look forward to over the next couple years that haven't even been hinted at yet.

Last edited:

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
I absolutely agree, WW looks like a ton of fun - huge ramps, a cool horizontal flipper arrangement, and a nice theme. I think we have a lot of "dark" themes on TPA right now: MM, BoP, ToM, Gorgar, BH, MB... We really need more vacation-themed tables.

Not saying that MM or BoP are thematically dark, but they have a certain heavy feel to them. White Water looks really lighthearted! Other tables I want for this reason are No Good Gofers and Whirlwind (with its nice looking blue box, similar to Funhouse), or tables like Cyclone.

As much as I'm looking forward to TZ and maybe TAF, these are more dark tables, and sometimes I just want something wacky, cheesy, bright and silly ;)

Last edited:

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Man, I'd be happy if they put TAF on the back burner and gave us every non-licensed Bally/Williams DMD first. Oh, and some System 11's too.

Actionball

Banned
May 23, 2012
Im torn.

Do you frontload all the best tables in year one because it might be the only year or space them out so you don't have a blockbuster first year and then Rollergames, Hollywood Heat and Data East Simpsons as the "good" tables for year 3?

I Really hope they start hitting some creamy middle games from 21 to 70 on IPDB. Ill gladly spend a few months with such forsaken properties as Road Show, Centaur, Cyclone, Earthshaker, World Cup Soccer 94, Party Zone, Champion Pub, Mousin Around, Xenon, Diner, High Speed etc.

Im willing to take one for the team with these games to spare the FS team the expense of putting out White Water, Fish Tales, and Scarred Stiff this year.

Heck, Ill be generous and up that cut off to 90th and make do with Junkyard, Black Rose, and Bad Cats and Paragon for 2 months.

Last edited:

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Whitewater is probably my number 1 or 2 most wanted table along with Scared Stiff and Cactus Canyon of the tables that have not been announced. I think it is definitely a table that offers a really nice change of design compared to other tables of that same time period. I always thought the backglass had a great effect of drawing people in, as well.Just really cool visual allure on it. I'm sure it is definitely in the works. They can't announce and release everything all at once. I am guessing we will see it no later than June of 2013.

gsxrboy

Feb 21, 2012
One of my fav tables and I'm terribly impatient waiting for it. It's just fun to look at and fun to play. Head for the blinking lights, you know it's right.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Even my fiance' had fun playing White Water at a recent pin show...and she doesn't care much for pinball. I'm sure I'll catch some flak for this but, instead of The Addams Family right away, I'd rather have some of the last Bally/Williams tables like Cactus Canyon, The Champion Pub and, say, Junk Yard for one simple reason: I don't see them anywhere anymore. Not on location near me and not at shows either. Production runs for these tables was very low and they sell for big bucks around here. Bally made 23 thousand Addams Family's, give or take. I see at least three of them at every show I go to. There was just one White Water at the last one I was at. And none of the other three I just mentioned.

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
Im torn.

Do you frontload all the best tables in year one because it might be the only year or space them out so you don't have a blockbuster first year and then Rollergames, Hollywood Heat and Data East Simpsons as the "good" tables for year 3?

I Really hope they start hitting some creamy middle games from 21 to 70 on IPDB. Ill gladly spend a few months with such forsaken properties as Road Show, Centaur, Cyclone, Earthshaker, World Cup Soccer 94, Party Zone, Champion Pub, Mousin Around, Xenon, Diner, High Speed etc.

Im willing to take one for the team with these games to spare the FS team the expense of putting out White Water, Fish Tales, and Scarred Stiff this year.

Heck, Ill be generous and up that cut off to 90th and make do with Junkyard, Black Rose, and Bad Cats and Paragon for 2 months.

You definitely have a point there. They have to find a good rhythm of tables to release. It´s a good thing they pumped out so many highly ranked tables early on, but something as TZ, TAF or ST:TNG has to be carefully timed, maybe released when the sales start slowing down. As of now I´m assuming they have to get the cash coming in at a steady pace to fund the more expensive licenses, maybe hire new people etc, really establish themselves. After that I guess they will have built a steady enough base that they can relax a bit and get some lesser known tables out.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I'm not going to stand in the way of the White Water train, but I've played it a couple of times on location and it's not growing on me. Maybe it's because the sound is completely drowned out by the nearby machines - it looks like a table where you might really need the audio clips to get the full effect.

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
"Multi Millions!!!"

The sounds do help make the game, but it is a great table on it's own merit. In Britain around the early 90's WW, FT, & TAF were in just about every arcade.

The sound from the left kickout with the white flasher is burned into my brain, if I was to hear it now I'd probably start salivating like Pavlov's dog :D

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012

No, I want the best, and I want it now! Seriously though, the best way to build a good reputation is to get the tables people want to play the most. Yes, there are so many great tables out there that don't get proper respect, but FS should concentrate on the ones that are the highest rated, which are also often the ones people are most familiar with. Once they're done with the top ten, they can get to work on 11-20, then 20-30, etc. Hooked 'em in with the blockbusters, then they'll stay for the Champion Pub, Junk Yard, and the others they've never heard of. There are so many great tables out there, they will never have to resort to Hollywood Heat.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Good video of WW below;

This guy has a lot of tables I'd like to see released on TPA

Last edited:

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
i LOVE whitewater :eek: it was the first pinball game where it actually clicked in my head, that pinball isn't just about mashing the flippers like a maniac... and that if you're good at it, your plays can last longer than 3 seconds per ball... before that i remember playing 80s stuff like Ali, Flash Gordon and Heavy Metal 2000... not being good at them, but still having fun as a kid... but yeah White Water was the first REAL one ;)

hopefully WW will come soon... and fishtales... and roadblock... and junkyard... and etc ;)

pseudokings

Jun 10, 2012
AMEN TO BRINGING WHITE WATER TO THE PINBALL ARCADE. Used to be maybe my favorite table at Castles N Coasters... before they started to suck as hard as possible, short of getting rid of (quite) all of their pins.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts