Zaccaria Pinball - update v3.2

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
The next update is under construction and soon to be sent for review. Here is the current changelog, please let me know if any major issue has been forgotten, thank you!

COMMON
ADDED a new pinball table, Circus.
UPDATED physics engine that causes more bouncing ball.
UPDATED launcher mechanism that makes more powerful launch effect.
ADDED missing sound effect of "drop target initialization" for some tables.

FIRE MOUNTAIN
FIXED malfunction of drop targets after a new game has been started.

FARFALLA
FIXED launching issue of normal and large ball.

SOCCER KINGS
FIXED launching issue of normal and large ball.

CLOWN
FIXED wrong function of Clown lamps. Now they are memorized ball by ball.
FIXED wrong function of Red Special. Red Special lamp flashes without time limit.

ROBOT
FIXED lightmap that causes strange light effects.

2utqfxh.jpg

Last edited:

night

May 18, 2012
Very curious to the new physics update. More bouncing ball? You mean elasticity? That's good already. Not sure what that you exactly mean with that, perhaps better reaction between the ball and the table elements (no dead drops)? Anyway, looking forward to it. And Circus looks WOW!

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Please increase the leaderboard cap for Strike. Currently caps at 999,999.

Circus looks fun - what are the backgrounds in the screenshots? - all I get is arcade "party" carpet!

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Hi Zsolt, again a nice job man creating this new table

Did you notice the requests for fixes on the red lighting on time machine and the original lightning and colour restore of devil riders ? are these gonna be fixed in the near future ? ofcourse those arent major issues which have negative impact on the playing performance of the tables but would be great if they are adressed,

i put this following request also here about the favorite camera preset which is not memorised and needs to be reselected everytime after starting the app.

And about adding more bounce to the ball.. it will be just great if this will cause more contact with all elements on the table and makes the ball more weighted / solid, not sure but lets see.

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
Did you notice the requests for fixes on the red lighting on time machine and the original lightning and colour restore of devil riders ? are these gonna be fixed in the near future ? ofcourse those arent major issues which have negative impact on the playing performance of the tables but would be great if they are adressed
Yes I did. Of course they will be fixed in the future but I don't want to make any promise for you. I hope it will take 1-2 upgrades top.

i put this following request also here about the favorite camera preset which is not memorised and needs to be reselected everytime after starting the app.
Yes thank you. This will be fixed by this update.

And about adding more bounce to the ball.. it will be just great if this will cause more contact with all elements on the table and makes the ball more weighted / solid, not sure but lets see.
I will try to make and post a video about it.

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
Very curious to the new physics update. More bouncing ball? You mean elasticity? That's good already. Not sure what that you exactly mean with that, perhaps better reaction between the ball and the table elements (no dead drops)? Anyway, looking forward to it. And Circus looks WOW!
I hope I will be able to make and post a video about physics changes.

Last edited:

haj

Sep 28, 2012
Zsolt, I think I'm not hearing "drop target resetting sound" after a drain.. I expect to hear a similar sound of when normal drop target sound, before or after or near at the same time to the sound of new ball getting into the plunger, and multiple sounds (of drop targets). This is not a serious issue but it should add a lot to the atmosphere so hope to be implemented! BTW you could also add the ball sound of plunger lane, which is very audible and characteristic (when the ball is running on metal lane), and reduce the volume of ball rolling sound a bit :) Thanks for your continuous support! Good work!

Edit: I do hear the sound on some tables, sorry. I need to check which table is missed. Clown is one, I think.

Edit2: I think it's missing on many tables actually.

Last edited:

haj

Sep 28, 2012
Forgot to write.. nudge setting is not remembered. I hope nudge itself to be much more quickly acting regardless of triggering method so that it'd be more effective.

haj

Sep 28, 2012
For Clown, I think "CLOWN" target should carry over draining. Please check this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ERfsvt2NZ8

3:18 'C' is lit
5:17 ball is lost but 'C' is still lit at the next ball
6:08 moving target hit and 'L' is lit and 'C' blinks

Moving target seems to stop at the center:
3:07
6:14 (before the ball drain)

BTW, you could hear top drop targets resetting sound at 1:22 right after score sound, then closely followed by one of "clown" drop target and at the same time next ball is set to the plunger.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
For Clown, I think "CLOWN" target should carry over draining. Please check this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ERfsvt2NZ8

3:18 'C' is lit
5:17 ball is lost but 'C' is still lit at the next ball
6:08 moving target hit and 'L' is lit and 'C' blinks

Moving target seems to stop at the center:
3:07
6:14 (before the ball drain)

BTW, you could hear top drop targets resetting sound at 1:22 right after score sound, then closely followed by one of "clown" drop target and at the same time next ball is set to the plunger.
At the moment the red special is lit for a very short moment only - until the clown stops. That's probably wrong.

Upper drops light orange special -> extra ball.

Last edited:

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
It has been increased, thanks for your notice!

Do you mean around of the pinball machine or on the Circus playfield?

Yeah the background - always have bg set to off, or dark mode - and with my camera angle usually can only see the neon patterned carpet that can only be found in arcades or roller skating rinks. Never knew there was a chill "lounge" area background - nice!

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
And thanks for fixing the leaderboard cap on strike.

On strike I ran into an issue a few times where after I clear the center drop targets (the pins) they will not reset (pop back up) ever even after a drain and a new ball

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
Zsolt, I think I'm not hearing "drop target resetting sound" after a drain.. I expect to hear a similar sound of when normal drop target sound, before or after or near at the same time to the sound of new ball getting into the plunger, and multiple sounds (of drop targets). This is not a serious issue but it should add a lot to the atmosphere so hope to be implemented! BTW you could also add the ball sound of plunger lane, which is very audible and characteristic (when the ball is running on metal lane), and reduce the volume of ball rolling sound a bit :) Thanks for your continuous support! Good work!

Edit: I do hear the sound on some tables, sorry. I need to check which table is missed. Clown is one, I think.

Edit2: I think it's missing on many tables actually.
Thanks. I have checked them and implement it to the missing tables.

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
Forgot to write.. nudge setting is not remembered. I hope nudge itself to be much more quickly acting regardless of triggering method so that it'd be more effective.
It will be fixed in the next update, thank you!

haj

Sep 28, 2012
Thank you Zolt, always fast response, great support!

Could you also check "CLOWN targets" rule/behavior, a few comments back (#12, #13) I made with YouTube vid reference. Not a total deal breaker but I still care about this table somehow ;)

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
Thank you Zolt, always fast response, great support!

Could you also check "CLOWN targets" rule/behavior, a few comments back (#12, #13) I made with YouTube vid reference. Not a total deal breaker but I still care about this table somehow ;)
You are right. Clown lamps are memorized. It will be fixed in the next update.

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
At the moment the red special is lit for a very short moment only - until the clown stops. That's probably wrong.

Upper drops light orange special -> extra ball.
I have checked it and you are right. Red Special worked wrong. It will be fixed in the next update.

Orange Special gives an extra ball, checked it.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts