Table of the Week Club!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Welcome to the TABLE OF THE WEEK CLUB.

Are you like me? Where you play the same 5 tables over and over despite having over 50 at your fingertips? Or maybe after playing for 3 years, you've lost to the fire to play in general? I switched from PS3 to Steam, and now need to collect all my wizard goals but am not really looking forward to recapturing some, while others I've never even achieved. Or perhaps you are new to digital pinball and are bummed you missed out on all the hype when a table was initially released.

By focusing on one table each week, we can all help each other and maybe reignite that spark.

Here's how it'll work...

1) Every Sunday, a new table will be picked.
2) Each table will have a dedicated thread for discussion. At the end of the week, that thread will be closed.
3) Tell everyone where you are at on the table, whether new or an expert so that people can help each other.
4) Even if it is a table despised by everyone at the start, maybe by the end of the week there'll be new appreciation.
5) On the 4th Saturday of every month, a 1 day tournament of sorts will be held (details to come)
6) Tables will be chosen from TPA to start, but may include Zen should there be interest.

This is all just a stupid way to have a little more fun around here. Membership is not required!

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
im just too figjam for dis!

so taxi or harely davidson.

id also like a more conversational tone than a big old assed list of rules good fir playing but makes for dry reading or civersation...for example ive never bothered to figure out etf is going on in rbion

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
This is a great idea. Hopefully people don't lie though. Interested in that tournament. Even more, have people vote on what the table of the week will be.

It seems like a good way to get us to try harder on certain tables. Even if we've gotten a really good score back in the day. Trying to replicate that score would be fun. And maybe have some bragging opportunities

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
I'm all for it, even though I. No expert it shall be fun. I'm pretty sure everyone on here is honest and we Shan't have to deal with BS Artists. Of course we cN all post photos of our high scores although I doubt it's necessary since I know the majority of these folks for over a year now and have found them all to be filled w integrity, other the. Our neighborhood troll Bill. ;)

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Yeah, the tournament aspect of this will rely on people being honorable and not jerks. The thread would be precisely for getting help on games like RBION, where getting the Atlantis goal might be eluding you.

I want this to be friendly for all experience levels. So be a mentor, be a student, be a historian. Share any tricks you discover, or pitfalls to avoid.

And as for how tables are picked? Anyone know a good randomizer program? 😁

Iguana

Jul 28, 2013
I'm in too! Was thinking of a similar thing a few days ago, but that's as far as I got - thanks for the leg work!
I hit the forum often, and kinda look for posts which might inspire me to play a dusty table. Great idea! Why don't you choose the first table?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I'll post the table of the week in a few hours. It will be stickies so everyone can see.

JefferyD

May 10, 2013
Great idea! I tend to hang out inthe back room of the Pinball Arcade hopping from Firepower to Gorgar and I never see anyone playing the tables back here. Would be good to commiserate over Monster Bash or Black Hole, or even Dr. Dude.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Yeah, the tournament aspect of this will rely on people being honorable and not jerks. The thread would be precisely for getting help on games like RBION, where getting the Atlantis goal might be eluding you.

I want this to be friendly for all experience levels. So be a mentor, be a student, be a historian. Share any tricks you discover, or pitfalls to avoid

And as for how tables are picked? Anyone know a good randomizer program? ��

Sure do....it's just like Wheel of Fortune. Take your favorite finger and either whip it up or down as hard as you can and see what table the program stops on!!! Use it all the time. ;)

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Great idea! I tend to hang out inthe back room of the Pinball Arcade hopping from Firepower to Gorgar and I never see anyone playing the tables back here. Would be good to commiserate over Monster Bash or Black Hole, or even Dr. Dude.

Uggghhhh. The mere mention of Dr D brings chills to my spine. However, I'm up for anything!! Let's begin shall we?!

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Uggghhhh. The mere mention of Dr D brings chills to my spine. However, I'm up for anything!! Let's begin shall we?!
Hah, just played it and had my best game for a long time. Got up to super dude! About 25M. Also noticed missing Mixmaster and Pops textures, so reported that for correction in the Android beta.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Last time I played I had my best game but when I hit a multi ball (I believe) the screen didn't follow the ball and all the balls drained and that was it. If I remember correctly when I reported it that was a known glitch? Not sure, but I believe so. So, I've been reluctant to play again because the flow on that table....,well it kinda blows monkeys. Strange thing is I was ready to Hate Party Zone but I actually kind of like it. Certainly not a fav but I play it at least once almost every day still since it was released.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Last time I played I had my best game but when I hit a multi ball (I believe) the screen didn't follow the ball and all the balls drained and that was it. If I remember correctly when I reported it that was a known glitch? Not sure, but I believe so.

Yeah, make sure to turn off the Event cam on this table when we get to it. I'm sure they haven't bothered to fix it.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
I was wondering if that what it was actually. What exactly is the event cam? Does it just pull back farther so you can see the whole table?

Thanks for the tip.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I was wondering if that what it was actually. What exactly is the event cam? Does it just pull back farther so you can see the whole table?

Thanks for the tip.

It depends on the table. On Twilight Zone, it zooms in on the gumball machine and Power Zone. In Star Trek: TNG, it gives you the ball shooter view, and in Dr.Dude, it zooms in on the Mixmaster. They're usually ok until it gets stuck. In Dr.Dude's case, you get stuck staring at a closeup of the mixer while your multiball drains away.

The "pulling back" you mention could either be the multiball cam or the plunger cam. I never have the multiball cam on as I find a zooming camera disorienting when I'm trying to concentrate on multible balls on the table. The plunger cam seems to only be a problem in Star Trek, when the cam pulls back while Final Frontier starts. A problem that seems to be impossible to fix since FS has known about this since the beginning of time. It's especially frustrating since ST is a table that doesn't even need a plunger cam to begin with. But I digress.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Do you guys purposely build your bonus multiplayer up, or just let it happen? I keep getting burned forcing it.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts