Table of the Week Club...week 1 : GENIE

Status
Not open for further replies.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
GENIE is your table of the week!

Post your progress with wizard goals, tips for better scoring, and traps to avoid.

If you need help, ask. If you are a wiz at this table, spill.

Have fun, get a dialogue going. Remember, this thread will close at the start of the next week. Screen shots and vids are welcome.

Now play some damn pinball!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
So I have 3 wizard goals I need on this table...

1) get 3 extra balls
2) score 750,000
3) score 3 million

So far my high score has barely cracked 600k. Gonna have to learn how to raise the bonus regularly, but for now I'm just trying to keep the ball alive.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I reinstalled TPA and therefore Genie, so will be going for the full house.

Let's begin!

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Ok, so at the start of this sweet contest, as it stands now I also habpve three goals left. (Of course) 3,000,000+145,000 bonus and 3 extra balls (probably just as tough as the 3 mil). My high score is 1,400,000 and change. Although I'm not sure if I screwed up and typed in "rhd" instead of "RCD". Can someone please help me out here Is your no. 2 spot in that vicinity with a score close to that , if it I'd then my high score is only 682,440

Now I'm gonna play some damn pinball!!!

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
b9088ec36923340c79a13c4ba70cb937.jpg

All standard goals cleared in this game. Onto the Wizards.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
At one point I had all Wizard Goals completed except for scoring 3m. (I'm pretty sure that goal's an absurd typo.)

My tip for scoring big is to set the game to 3 balls. In normal 5 ball play certain scores are lowered, while there are some boosts to them in 3 ball.

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
Got Pinball Arcade this X-mas holiday so I've not played more than 30+ hours yet...

Liked Genie from the beginning but wouldn't say I am particularly good at it (or any table).

Thanks Cap. B. Zarre; I didn't know you could set the amount of balls outside of the Pro menu; saves me a bit of sanity as one does not have to play so many of 'em.

I got a general gameplan when I start this table up:
Light the A on plunge (through nudging) and then just try for the upper play field and to light the spinner.

Getting the multiplier gets more important as I build bonus.

That's about it. Not gotten over 730k yet :(

My neighbors are probably wondering what I am screaming at this time...

EDIT: I also noticed that allot of the Textures are misaligned, pity.
This is one of few tables I feel got a nice enough look not to warrant a need for higher rez textures. I just love looking at beautiful playfields so it's nice when they are better textures on there.
END EDIT

Last edited:

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
GENIE is your table of the week!

Post your progress with wizard goals, tips for better scoring, and traps to avoid.

If you need help, ask. If you are a wiz at this table, spill.

Have fun, get a dialogue going. Remember, this thread will close at the start of the next week. Screen shots and vids are welcome.

Now play some damn pinball!

Now this is a good idea!

As for me personally, I just finished beating the standard goals on the Xbox One version. I'll post my latest score...umm,later :)

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Forcing people to play Genie.....diabolical!

I have the Wizards left
-3 EBs
-Special
-Bonus from kickout
-145K Bonus
-Score 3M

I'd like to post a screenshot, but I don't really know how from the Vita.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013

Goals left:
-3 EBs
-Score 3M

I rarely would have played this otherwise. Is it just me, or is the bonus a huge part of the scoring?

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
At one point I had all Wizard Goals completed except for scoring 3m. (I'm pretty sure that goal's an absurd typo.)

My tip for scoring big is to set the game to 3 balls. In normal 5 ball play certain scores are lowered, while there are some boosts to them in 3 ball.

I didn't know about that. Nice!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
So we don't need screenshots or anything of your high score until the day if the tourney. At that point it's going to be what you can get for a high score in that day. If we all think we can be honest with each other, I'd say everyone gets 2 cracks at the table and gets the higher of the two scores.

Like I said, figure out those details later.

So I'm down to needing the 3 EBs and the 3 million. I can get the extra ball lit in the upper play area, but shooting for it is pure chance on my part. And I thought shooting for the bonus hole was tricky!

Also realizing nudge is important to use on this one. Only way to survive the left outlanes.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
1,340,800 is my High Score. I have only one wizard goal left and you can all guess what that is.
I find my best games are on five ball mode. I think three ball mode is a better option if you consistently earn extra balls. I seem to get too many house balls (or very low scoring balls) to use the 3 ball mode effectively.

tyche

Oct 6, 2012
Start of week.
HS: 1,241,000
Goals left: 3 mill, 3 extra balls
Not optimistic but will try.

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
The good news is I've finally got the table goals but have not made over 533.000 points. I'll have too take shutyourtraps advice and get out the controler and start nudging.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Might be kinda hard to only play 2 games. I don't have a whole lot of self control lol. I've gotten all the wizard goals, but it wouldn'tve been possible without reading through the strategy threads. A lot of it just comes down to only making safe shots. The extra flipper (bottom right) should only be used for the yellow targets. Any other time, just let it roll to the lower flip. So, are we going for the wiz goals over again? Just for this week? I'm a little confused

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012

My Genie's been like this since release month. I gave up going after that 3 mil goal after realizing how ridiculous it was. Let's see if this wonderful SYT experiment gets me back on the horse.

Last edited:

Nat-1969

Dec 27, 2014
Ok, so at the start of this sweet contest, as it stands now I also habpve three goals left. (Of course) 3,000,000+145,000 bonus and 3 extra balls (probably just as tough as the 3 mil). My high score is 1,400,000 and change. Although I'm not sure if I screwed up and typed in "rhd" instead of "RCD". Can someone please help me out here Is your no. 2 spot in that vicinity with a score close to that , if it I'd then my high score is only 682,440

Now I'm gonna play some damn pinball!!!

Yeah RHD is a pre-loaded score (1,480,780). Sorry to burst your dream score. Actually I would be more mortified to score 1.4 million on Genie then screw up my name. That would haunt me to my grave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.