Guys. Timeshock is out. Get hype

Garycope

Nov 5, 2013
When this game came out many years ago,I use to play it day and night on the pc. I was just playing on my iPad mini retina and I wasn't very impressed. Maybe I'm just use to playing TPA. I don't even play zen pinball and have all tables. I think I enjoy recreations of real tables rather than tables I never played IRL

night

May 18, 2012
I must have lived in a cave the last days, did not notice this, but just d/l it and playing. It looks great and the physics feel very real. That video mode, forgot about that! Something I notice on my iPad2 is that the graphics look a bit blurry (for a pre-rendered table). I have set the music to 'off', like the sound of the mechanics and speech better. That launch button could have better placed right under the thumb on the right where the plunger is. Need more play time on this one, will check on my iPhone as well.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
If I didn't like the original Timeshock, should I check this out?

I don't know how it works for you, but I tend to have changes in my preferences towards tables. I didn't like EM's or early SS when I got TPA, now I like 'em (although DMD/toys tables are still my favorite). Also, some tables that I hated when first playing them (i.e. Genie, Class of 1812) did grow on me when I played them more. The only table that I still loathe is Dr. Dude, but who knows, maybe that table of the week club will change my idea. What I'm trying to say is that it may pay off to revisit something you didn't like then...
What was it btw what you didn't like?

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
Not impressed thank god for TPA. Too tiny and a circle in the center for a plunger??? Whatever. A long freakin wait and that's it???? Glad I played a free trail version. Next Stop TAF.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Absolutely stunning! My son just got a free IPhone 4S from a friend with a smashed screen and even on that it is incredible. 5-star review left.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Not impressed thank god for TPA. Too tiny and a circle in the center for a plunger??? Whatever. A long freakin wait and that's it???? Glad I played a free trail version. Next Stop TAF.

I agree that's it's tiny, but more cameras are in the works. As for the plunger being in a circle in the center. There are actually reasons for that. Special secret reasons. Seriously.

Keep trying it Mr. One. The ruleset is exceptional.

Last edited:

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
Paid for the full version as think it deserves support, looks very nice however I echo what night said above, did not enjoy the music so turned it straight off and strange launch button placement.
Also a couple of interesting design choices - would have preferred being able to change the lighting slider on the fly, and not to have to exit the table to change the sound settings?

Great overall, and would buy the other tables if they release them, however TPA is still going to be my digital pinball game of choice - other then the inferior sound quality (especially the flipper sound compared to Pro Pinball) the 3D toys which stand out a bit and the dated UI, there wasnt really anything about Pro Pinball that I preferred personally.

Just my opinion though, they definitely both have their place and hope its a success for them!

EDIT: Just read the table "Story" from the app, very very strange, even for pinball.....

"I do not know exactly what time you presently inhabit so I cannot tell in what dark age of pre-science you dwell, but you probably don't even know that time is crystalline.

It flows from the future and crystallises at the door of the present. The future is fluid and changeable. The past is solid and cannot be altered.

But it can be shattered. And my work on the fluid future threatens to destroy the solid past.

I have created - God help us - a shock wave of anti-time which is travelling back to the dawn of history. The wave has nearly reached your time already. We must return to the beginning of time and bring together the crystal fragments from the future to create a counter-shock wave.

My time machine is crude - the best I could do in the circumstances. But it needs teo to pilot and navigate. My co-pilot has... gone and I am stuck in this time.

My past has gone already, but, if we succeed, we can save your past... and your future..."

Last edited:

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Just read the table "Story" from the app, very very strange, even for pinball.....

"I do not know exactly what time you presently inhabit so I cannot tell in what dark age of pre-science you dwell, but you probably don't even know that time is crystalline.

It flows from the future and crystallizes at the door of the present. The future is fluid and changeable. The past is solid and cannot be altered.

But it can be shattered. And my work on the fluid future threatens to destroy the solid past.

I have created - God help us - a shock wave of anti-time which is travelling back to the dawn of history. The wave has nearly reached your time already. We must return to the beginning of time and bring together the crystal fragments from the future to create a counter-shock wave.

My time machine is crude - the best I could do in the circumstances. But it needs two to pilot and navigate. My co-pilot has... gone and I am stuck in this time.

My past has gone already, but, if we succeed, we can save your past... and your future..."

Perfectly written piece of work right there.

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
I suspect this table will grow on those who maybe are a little too judgemental on it.

Wildd One. Maybe it's not for you but don't go playing it with thoughts of comparing it to other apps, try it but give good attention to the different modes and the incredible flipper control and variance in shots. The flipper physics in this thing are just off the charts, feels like I'm playing my real pinball games!

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
Just my opion it's too small for flippers and ball maybe I can find a magnifine glass to fit over my ipad3 perhaps.
Maybe next year we get better camera views.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
The physics are much more realistic than TPA. But I enjoy the digital ideal of TPA's better. That being said this is a really fun really challenging game. Never played it before the IOS release. I'm glad I got the pro mode. You can have up to ten balls which makes it easier to figure out stuff. The time drive/time travel effect alone is worth the price.

There's work to do. The magno save sucks and they have to fix the glass removal issue. But even at barebones this is still a top teir release.

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
I love the physics don't get me wrong it's just I wish we could see the table closer to enjoy the graphics of the table better.
Hope they do create camera views real soon. Hard to play I guess I'am blind in my older age.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014

A-men Shawn. I bought the pro version, and it's fun and graphics are great but when I play pinball it just feel right unless it's a recreation of an original table. The physics are great etc, but I still favor TPA. Finally got a chance to play a few games today then went back to TPA ..,., IMHO TPA still wins. However, I can completely understand why people like this table. Beautiful graphics etc......it's obvious a lot of time and love went into reproducing this table!!!!

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
I agree that's it's tiny, but more cameras are in the works. As for the plunger being in a circle in the center. There are actually reasons for that. Special secret reasons. Seriously.

Keep trying it Mr. One. The ruleset is exceptional.

Why all the "secret squirrel stuff?"

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
The physics are much more realistic than TPA. But I enjoy the digital ideal of TPA's better. That being said this is a really fun really challenging game. Never played it before the IOS release. I'm glad I got the pro mode. You can have up to ten balls which makes it easier to figure out stuff. The time drive/time travel effect alone is worth the price.

There's work to do. The magno save sucks and they have to fix the glass removal issue. But even at barebones this is still a top teir release.

Agreed.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.