Table of the Week Club...week 3: ATTACK FROM MARS

Status
Not open for further replies.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
BlahCade presents your table for week 3, ATTACK FROM MARS!

We've had fun with 2 tables of brutally short play times, let's see how we all fare with our first marathon table. Collect those wizard goals, challenge each others scores, and kill some damn martians!

As per requested, threads will be open for 2 weeks before being closed. Make a mental note of that.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Current high score: 268,617,467,840 as the week begins. Don't worry; I haven't begun just yet.

It's about to get real.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Oh man. So my high is only 16.5 billion, and I've got 3 wizards to get...

-Billion point bonus
-Video mode
-Rule the Universe

I don't think I ever even did Rule the Universe when I was playing on the PS3.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
When going for the 5-way combo, max out the left and right orbits. That way you can spam either one by just catching the ball in a trap when it comes back down. Or, you could hit the lock for quick combos, assuming it's not about to be completed. I only say this because 5-way combo is always the second to last thing for me to get. The LAST thing is always the super jackpot. Might as well just go for super jackpot first, that way the others will just fall in place.

Nat-1969

Dec 27, 2014
Think my high score is just under 67 Billion..still need the 1 billion hurry up and complete video mode wizard goals.. both seem completely out of reach and i don't really enjoy playing games so long that they would top 67 billion..but i do love the table

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
I'm in the same boat. I have 57billion (I think) and the billion point hurry up to go for. I usually just like to play enough to hit the wizard modes a couple of times and then call it good.

I might give this a whirl though. Good concept to get interest in the game, Mr.SYT.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
ive noctied alot of people call syt mr lately

has he been mod beating you?

just sayin haha

ys kno ive never really sunk my meeth into afm nows a good a time as any

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I've gotten all the goals ages ago, but man, I do not have the scores you guys have.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Just spent an hour and a half playing...and got nowhere.

That billion hurry up is a bear to get. For starters, I can't hit the ramps with accuracy at all. On top of that, hitting the saucer is so accidentally easy. I'm trying to get everything lit twice and then go for the ramps as I can hit the loops, but wow. I came close, was down to one ramp with one more shot, and then multiball activated and instant hit to the saucer. Dammit.

Oh, and I suck at video mode. Lucky if I can hit 20 saucers. And what's the deal with it only being once per game (according to the instructions)? Lame.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
At 141B all goals completed. VikingErik has rolled over this table already at 1.4T or something like that (Leaderboards didn't take that score though). So max is 999B. Just sayin'.....

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Just spent an hour and a half playing...and got nowhere.

That billion hurry up is a bear to get. For starters, I can't hit the ramps with accuracy at all. On top of that, hitting the saucer is so accidentally easy. I'm trying to get everything lit twice and then go for the ramps as I can hit the loops, but wow. I came close, was down to one ramp with one more shot, and then multiball activated and instant hit to the saucer. Dammit.

Oh, and I suck at video mode. Lucky if I can hit 20 saucers. And what's the deal with it only being once per game (according to the instructions)? Lame.

I recall video mode available again after getting ROTU. The key to completing video mode is getting rhytm with strafing sideways, best to not go all the way because it then takes too long to get back in time.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
At 141B all goals completed. VikingErik has rolled over this table already at 1.4T or something like that (Leaderboards didn't take that score though). So max is 999B. Just sayin'.....

*randy quaid voice* in the words of my ge eration.....foook miiiiii

slam23 can you guess your a erage playing time for a decent game say heh just fifty;)

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
My high score is about 53 billion. Nothing compared to all of you guys who play the table for hours on end, but still...

I'm shocked no one's mentioned the Martian Multiball - Total Anhillation stack. You can potentially score a lot of points from it if you make it last long enough. You can also score even more points if Victory Laps are lit during the mode (from completing RTU).

I noticed that the Jackpots in Regulation Multiball changed after RTU. Instead of staying at a single value for the multiball (until the next Super Jackpot is collected), there was a different scoring scheme. For each Jackpot value collected (I noticed it started at 100m this time) the value of the next Jackpot is increased by 25m. I haven't gotten a Super Jackpot during that phase so I don't know how that affects things but it's cool to notice this.

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
Something to drag me back to TPAFF :)
(not played TPA in months-just back for to mobile tourney).
Will post my 'embarrassing' score/acheivements soon :/ LOL

Edit: HiSc (though had 'issues') <2.5B.
And not even ON Wiz. Goals (Got 'Score MB JP' & 'Light Superjets' still to get on Std.!!!!!)

Andy

Last edited:

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Mmmh.. 3/5 Wizard goals (Video mode & 1b Hurry-up missing), current high score: 109,854,945,370. I hate the video mode in the game.

Silverball67

Jan 1, 2015
Oh man. So my high is only 16.5 billion, and I've got 3 wizards to get...

-Billion point bonus
-Video mode
-Rule the Universe

I don't think I ever even did Rule the Universe when I was playing on the PS3.

I´m missing exactly the same wizard goals and I also never ruled the Universe :(

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
*randy quaid voice* in the words of my ge eration.....foook miiiiii

slam23 can you guess your a erage playing time for a decent game say heh just fifty;)

:) I just did a "quick" game of 43B (4th place on my HS list) and I think it was about 15-20 minutes max. But scoring is a bit hap-hazard on this table. I had a 22B TA that lasted maybe 5-6 minutes that made up about half of the total score. If you get to ROTU then it's around a 10B jump and then you can get some nice victory round scoring too. So I think TA is where it's at for scoring. I try to stack it with Martian Attack MB (first starting an attack wave if possible) and when down to 2 balls just send 'm through the orbit shots to build up bonus multiplier. Get a few TA jackpots in between to pad that scoring et voila 100B is within reach in maybe 45 minutes? Just of the top of my head, there's probably an excellent strategy thread somewhere. Now getting in the same stratosphere with VikingErik, Tarek, Space Tractor and the likes, will use up some more of the clock....

tyche

Oct 6, 2012
I need video mode and the hurry up. I'll try and beat video mode this week and break 100 billion.

tyche

Oct 6, 2012
Woot just beat video mode on my first try today. Needed my 1 Martin bomb. Never even seen the mothership before and it was right at the bottom before I beat it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts