Kindle Login Update

Scumble373

FarSight Employee
Jul 1, 2014
Hey guys,

I wanted to update you with what's happening with the Kindle Login issue.

There seems to be a separation when it comes to kindle devices:

(old) kindles:

Fire HD 8.9 WAN (2nd Gen).
Fire HD 8.9 Wifi (2nd Gen).
Kindle Fire HD 7 (2nd Gen).
Kindle Fire (2nd Gen).
Kindle Fire (1st Gen).

(new) kindles:

Fire HDX 8.9 WiFi (4th Gen)
Fire HDX 8.9 WAN (4th Gen)
Fire HD 7 (4th Gen)
Fire HD 6 (4th Gen)
Fire HDX 8.9 WiFi (3rd Gen).
Fire HDX 8.9 WAN (3rd Gen).
Fire HDX 7 WiFi (3rd Gen).
Fire HDX 7 WAN (3rd Gen).
Kindle Fire HD 7 (3rd Gen).

It seems that if you have one of the (new) kindles, you are experiencing issues logging in.

The reason?

A function used in one of our methods has been deprecated and is no longer used, which means that we are using a function that is no longer supported. I don't understand why Google Play devices aren't experiencing this issue, but the fact is, new kindle devices are.

The solution

We only have an old kindle in the office. We are ordering a new one now so that I can fix the issue.

Thanks for your patience.

Dok5555555

Nov 1, 2013
Thanks Scumble, glad to know its being worked on. Suprised you guys only had an old kindle though, the hdx models have better performance and graphics.

Scumble373

FarSight Employee
Jul 1, 2014
You said it. I'm really happy to be getting a new one in the office.

Also, just to give another update. I think I've fixed the problem and am sending a version to Amazon for them to test on their devices (because we're still waiting for the HDX to arrive here).

Hope to have more info soon :)

Scumble373

FarSight Employee
Jul 1, 2014
Still haven't gotten our new kindle in the office so I'm not able to test it.

Weirdly enough, I implemented a new way to login and tested it on a google play device (which would be more similar to a Fire HDX) and it worked perfectly. However, with this in place, Amazon still failed us for the Login issue. (meaning the problem still occurs)

To be honest I really can't wait to get the kindle in so I can see what's causing it.

Dok5555555

Nov 1, 2013
Still haven't gotten our new kindle in the office so I'm not able to test it.

Weirdly enough, I implemented a new way to login and tested it on a google play device (which would be more similar to a Fire HDX) and it worked perfectly. However, with this in place, Amazon still failed us for the Login issue. (meaning the problem still occurs)

To be honest I really can't wait to get the kindle in so I can see what's causing it.

Any estimate when you'll be getting the Kindle/ be able to fix it.

Scumble373

FarSight Employee
Jul 1, 2014
Hey everyone!

I'm happy to announce that the login issue has officially been fixed. We got our new kindle in on Friday, I was able to work on it a bit over the weekend and today I finished the new login code. The fix will be in the Addams Family update coming on Friday.

Thank you all for your patience, and as always, please post with any other problems you are experiencing and I'll look into them ASAP.

Dok5555555

Nov 1, 2013
Hey everyone!

I'm happy to announce that the login issue has officially been fixed. We got our new kindle in on Friday, I was able to work on it a bit over the weekend and today I finished the new login code. The fix will be in the Addams Family update coming on Friday.

Thank you all for your patience, and as always, please post with any other problems you are experiencing and I'll look into them ASAP.

Thanks. Good News

Scumble373

FarSight Employee
Jul 1, 2014
Amazon version approved. Looks like the fix is working correctly. Look for the update on Friday

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts