Table of the Week Club...week 4: FLIGHT 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
BlahCade presents the 4th Table of the Week, Flight 2000!

Looks like all four of our table manufacturers get represented right off the bat. Where will this one fit in terms of difficulty towards getting all the wizard goals? Time to find out!

Get your game on, and go play some damn pinball.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
9,377,230 going into the week.

Tips:

Don't claim more than 3 extra balls in one ball. They'd just go to waste, since you can only stack 2 at once.

Keep going for multiball. Also, right spinner can be really worth going for if you have another ball to spare.

Locking a ball won't put in another ball during 2-ball multiball (losing one), unlike Firepower's bug.

No tilt warnings.

Outlanes are pretty hungry, so find a way to avoid getting frequent side-to-side motion from the abnormally powered slings.

If you're good at sweeping the drops, that's a hefty 50k whenever it's ready to go.

(Anyone know a good way of getting into the "O" in BLAST OFF?)

Last edited:

MadAxeMan

Jan 31, 2014
One of the easier tables
I got all the Wizard Goals in roughly an 1 or 2 hours of casual playing (and I'm not bragging)
high score 3.7m

What do we need for HOF score?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Started with only 2 standard goals completed. 90 minutes later, all wizards completed. Would have been sooner too, if once standard goals were done the wizards could count in the same game. About 15 minutes of play produced a 3.2 million game that would have knocked off every goal. That was then followed by 75 minutes of fumbling about trying to do it again!

Well good, I really needed a week where I wasn't banging my head against the wall trying to get goals. Suppose I could go for some high scores now...

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Fl2K is a sleeper hit for me. I really love playing this one. I found it tricky to get the M-ball but once you do, you should also pay some attention to the dead-end lane between the drops.

Good things happen when you shoot that dead-end lane :D. And you can repeatedly do it when you trap on the left flipper.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
All wizard goals and 3.9m before starting this week. Yeah, I'm glad too, not to chase wizard goals again. AFM was quite painful.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
My score on this table at the moment is 4,233,150.

Because I lost all my Table Goals Im hoping to complete them all by the end of this week! :)

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
9,377,230 going into the week.

Tips:

Don't claim more than 3 extra balls in one ball. They'd just go to waste, since you can only stack 2 at once.

Keep going for multiball. Also, right spinner can be really worth going for if you have another ball to spare.

Locking a ball won't put in another ball during 2-ball multiball (losing one), unlike Firepower's bug.

No tilt warnings.

Outlanes are pretty hungry, so find a way to avoid getting frequent side-to-side motion from the abnormally powered slings.

If you're good at sweeping the drops, that's a hefty 50k whenever it's ready to go.

(Anyone know a good way of getting into the "O" in BLAST OFF?)

Are you on iOS? If you are your devices don't say you have it.

Anyway, I beat your high score on iOS. 7,980,000 :D

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
10.9M is my best.

Light everything, start multiball, max bonus x and right spinner.

Then shoot spinners.

Question is do I buy this for my tablet - I only own the Steam version - knowing which table it's paired with?

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
I like this table! My best score was 8.9M last time it was in a tournament. Not sure what my score is on the regular leaderboard, but I think a lot less so my goal will be to score 9M!

Iguana

Jul 28, 2013
Pre table of the week status: all wizard goals with high score of 3.7 million.

I'll set my goal as breaking 5 million.

Love this table... I usually ignore tables once attaining all of the goals, but often come back to this one just for the hell of it... Fun table!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
This is one of those tables for me...I'll have 4 or 5 whatever games and then 1 outstanding game. Truthfully it's probably more like 1 in 10, as opposed to AFM where the 'whatever' game was the rarity.

Should be interesting to see how people fare in the tourney we run, with the guidelines I'll be asking people to follow. Details will be in the next BlahCade Podcast (recording today) and in a post real soon.

Iguana

Jul 28, 2013
Three "whatever" games so far. I'll wait for the planets to align and give it another go. Forgot about the lack of a tilt warning on this one.

Edit. Getting warmer... 2.9 million. Stacked a few EB's on ball two and maxed out the bonus multiplier, but my aim on the upper left trap was consistently poor, and suffered a couple of instant drains.

Not a deal breaker, though. That said, I'm reducing my goal from 5 million to 4 million.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.