Iron & Steel Pack (CastleStorm and Wild West Rampage)

Sun Vulcan

Jun 28, 2012
Sparks (and bullets) fly in the Iron & Steel Pack, bringing two new original tables, CastleStorm and Wild West Rampage, to Zen’s pinball platforms!

In CastleStorm pinball, players will team up once again with the heroic knight Sir Gareth as he returns to protect the Kingdom from the relentless hordes of vicious Vikings and their raging leader, Chief Ramhorn. The table features single and multiball game modes set within a Viking stronghold, an enormous fire breathing dragon, an armored troll, and even a charming donkey!

YEEEEHAAAW! The Wild West Rampage table stars Cindy, a bold bounty hunter who arrives in the western town of Rackton Point with a bone to pick with the town’s crooked Sheriff Evans. Cindy has her sights aimed on defeating his men and ruining their crooked plans to control the town, but it definitely won’t be easy to loosen Evans’ stranglehold. Hit the trail and experience an exciting Western-inspired playfield complete with a rolling 3D steam engine, swinging saloon doors, a six-shooter ball locker, and duels with members of Sheriff Evans’ posse!

Castlestorm_screenshot_011.jpg

Western_screenshot_007.jpg

Platforms and release dates for the Iron & Steel Pack:

Zen Pinball 2 on PS3, PS4 & Vita: $4.99/€4,99/£3.99 for the two-table pack. Available in North America on February 24 and Europe on February 25

Zen Pinball 2 for Mac: $2.99/€2,99/£2.29 for individual tables, available on February 25

Pinball FX2 for Steam & Xbox 360: $4.99/€4,99/£3.99 for the two-table pack, available on Feb 25

Pinball FX2 for Xbox One: $4.99/€4,99/£3.99 for the two-table pack, available on Feb 26

Zen Pinball for iOS: $.99/€,99/£.79 for individual tables, available Feb 26

Zen Pinball HD for Android & Amazon: $.99/€,99/£.79 for individual tables, available Feb 26

http://blog.zenstudios.com/?p=5076

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
So I'm going to guess who designed these tables:

CastleStorm looks like it was designed by the same person who did Walking Dead. Like in that game there's a lot of words to spell and a mini-playfield with lots of targets to shoot at.

Wild West Rampage I'm not so sure about. I feel Ypok may have designed it (Deadpool, Starfighter Assault) but it could potentially be the designer of the Butters table from South Park Pinball.

EDIT: LOL I was correct on both and didn't even look!

Last edited:

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
CastleStorm looks a little dark - hopefully that's just the mode it's in. Wild West Rampage looks great.

So awesome to see a new table that's just that...new. Not based on an existing property from anywhere else. Been quite awhile.

I'll be picking these up day 1, for sure.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
So I'm going to guess who designed these tables:

CastleStorm looks like it was designed by the same person who did Walking Dead. Like in that game there's a lot of words to spell and a mini-playfield with lots of targets to shoot at.

Wild West Rampage I'm not so sure about. I feel Ypok may have designed it (Deadpool, Starfighter Assault) but it could potentially be the designer of the Butters table from South Park Pinball.

EDIT: LOL I was correct on both and didn't even look!

From Barbiebobomb

Wild West Rampage – David Szucs (ndever), previously designed the South Park Butters table.
CastleStorm – Gabor Andrassy (coltos), previously designed The Walking Dead table.

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
Looking forward to some fresh tables to rock.
Original tables I love the most and it's been a long wait.
Next week we should have the trailer for these tables.

Last edited:

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Looking forward to these. Zen's last few offerings have either been very dark or adult (Deadpool, Walking Dead, South Park, Venom). It will be nice to have some colour back!

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
It's really cool to see them doing some more originals. Now if they could just add a "hardcore" physics mode or something, I'd be set. :)

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
I sincerely hope that CastleStorm isn't like Walking Dead in how despite there being many side missions available they all score minimal points compared to others.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
i`m in no matter what comes out,but i must admit these look really great !!! the wild west i love !!!! and TAF as well this month,DOES IT GET ANY BETTER ? :cool:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Looking forward to some fresh tables to rock.
Original tables I love the most and it's been a long wait.
Next week we should have the trailer for these tables.

I agree. the original themes are what make these attractive to me. I like their licensed pins, but we needed a break from that.

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
It's really cool to see them doing some more originals. Now if they could just add a "hardcore" physics mode or something, I'd be set. :)

Yeah I can see the frustration. The ball has too much weight IMO. Still though, you can't deny many of their tables have fun mechanics even though it isn't an emulation of real tables. Especially their original tables. South Park tables are a blast IMO. I still prefer Zen over TPA but I equally love them. Contradicting I know but I love both for different reasons obviously.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Yeah I can see the frustration. The ball has too much weight IMO. Still though, you can't deny many of their tables have fun mechanics even though it isn't an emulation of real tables. Especially their original tables. South Park tables are a blast IMO. I still prefer Zen over TPA but I equally love them. Contradicting I know but I love both for different reasons obviously.

Oh yeah for sure man. Like I said, I love the designs.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts