Minium price for a cabinet in the uk

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Unless i could find a true bargin i only want the cabinet...only pincab stuff i found would destroy me on import freight price etc

I have the mechanical skill and the parts for a half size machine but need casing

Wood n me dont mix

I need a solid base so i can beat it up.....

If anyone in uk can do the work id happly see about sorting payment plus shipping!

I think farsight woke up a demon in me!

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Very odd request man heh, ill try i guess it is a vaild request i guess but ive no experience in it either! You have no idea how much i want one! Just dont wanna deal with someone thinking its a joke or something

Pinballer

Jun 27, 2012
Hey Heretic

I've just spent the last 2 weeks building a prototype cab for a 3 monitor system ready for FS releasing its PC version. ATM its running Hyperpin with a few dozen tables and suprisingly they actually play really well and physics are quite accurate. Of course FS graphics should kick ass but that maybe be next year so it's a good compromise while I wait.

Back to cost? Well I built it out of 12mm MDF at a grand total of £14.50 not factoring in screws and wood glue which were penny's.
The hidden cost is the hardware which now stands me around £1k or more.
PC 3ghz quad core, 4gbram, 120gb SSD - £300 - eBay
Nvidea GTX 560Ti - £175 - new
24in monitor for back glass - £65 local eBay
15in monitor for display - £5 local eBay
37in Samsung E5 series TV - £479 - john Lewis inc 5yr warranty
Speakers inc sub donated from a m8
Bits and bobs like iPaq etc £30

So as you can see the cab is the easy part and I will soon be building a couple more based on 15mm cabinet ply (£30 each) once my new router bits arrive for the lock mitre joins and profile cutting (almost £100)

It is purely a hobby of mine building mame cabs and the likes and I don't want to get into it as a job as thats when the fun goes out of it. However that said I don't mind helping out any way if at all possible but bear in mind I'm now a stay at home dad since my wife presented me with a baby for my 50th birthday lol. He is now 9mth and a handful at the best of times not giving me as much time as I would like in my little workshop/garage

Regards Col

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts