Table of the Week Club...week 5: BLACK HOLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
BlahCade presents the Table of the Week...Black Hole!

Join in the discussion, share your tips, conquer the wizard goals. Now go get your game on!

As an aside...should FarSight release The Addams Family at some point during this week, we will extend the time period for this table into the next week. We will do this each time a new table drops, so people can jump on the newest without needing to blow off our little fun here. Don't worry, we'll keep you posted!

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
maybe bh should be limited to one extra ball onky lol otherwise tpas version can be played fir quite some time fairly easily!

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
maybe bh should be limited to one extra ball onky lol otherwise tpas version can be played fir quite some time fairly easily!

Speak for yourself mighty wizard ! :p
----------------------------------------------------
Wanted to start a thread titled "The Broken Random Wheel Of Shutyertrap's Table Of The Week".
But there are too many words to type.

Last edited:

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
its unfair to my favourite table but its true lol

so far the grind hasnt been a real issue with the tables that have come up but the eb CHEAT will make this fairky intresting, in the future it might be an idea to limit playtime on anytime to 3+1 as the appeal of the tourney atm is skipping all that silly 8hour game bs

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Start of the week: All wizard goals done already, current high score @ 2.8m. Sure not one of my favourite tables. But ok to go for a better high score.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Wow, I haven't played this table for a while. Now it seems like I am stuck in a time warp. The game just doesn't end. Playing for an hour now, @Ball 2 and an extra ball still to play. I might as well just drop it...

/edit: Ok, at 19.8m I lost the last ball. During the game I had 2 balls in which the camera focus switched to the lower level, although there was no ball active there. I think both times it was after a multiball, when only one ball was still left on the playfield.

This brings me to #3 on my friend list (all-time) and #1 on the weekly & monthly high score and #28 all-time. Lets see, who wants to bore himself to death to beat this.

I don't know how long the Top Ten players had to play to get these scores. I'm not even sure the #1 high score is fake with 1.5b, given how easy this table is.

Last edited:

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
Ugh, I gave it one shot to get 1k HOF. I lost track of my score quickly but must have played for at least an hour with plenty of pauses which felt like 10 hours. This is one table I won't come back to. I'll shoot for the 5 planet nuke goal in SST instead this week.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Played this table up to 7.0M way back when it was released. Enough for 1000 HOF points and not much incentive to go further. I remember the game as very long.... :) Also maxing out the lower playfield bonus (999.999?). Now 7.0M apprarently buys you a 225-ish place on the current leaderboards, so maybe that is an incentive to grind it out again....looking REALLY forward to the TAF release.... :)

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Maybe my inherent dislike of Gottlieb machines has clouded my play ability with this table. I have never been able to have long play times. Like I can't get control of the ball, so I'm at the mercy of it just bouncing around. And I hate, hate, hate double flipper tables. Everyone is complaining of games that go on forever, so clearly I am playing this one wrong!

Forgot to check my score, but I'm starting with all standard goals completed. Unfortunately the beta build that includes TAF has screwed up Black Hole so that it doesn't show the HUD. That means redownloading the older build (but then not getting to play TAF). Choices choices.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Maybe my inherent dislike of Gottlieb machines has clouded my play ability with this table. I have never been able to have long play times. Like I can't get control of the ball, so I'm at the mercy of it just bouncing around. And I hate, hate, hate double flipper tables. Everyone is complaining of games that go on forever, so clearly I am playing this one wrong!

Well, you need to be able to do 2 things:

1. Shooting the ball to the lower level
Once you have this, you can shoot the ball directly back to the lower level once it drains there - the gate on the right outlane then remains open, so you have no risk.

2. Maxing out the lower level bonus by spending as much time as possible on the lower level.

But: This is boring as hell. It's sure quicker if you have the G-Force Accelerator collected.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012

Forgot to check my score, but I'm starting with all standard goals completed. Unfortunately the beta build that includes TAF has screwed up Black Hole so that it doesn't show the HUD. That means redownloading the older build (but then not getting to play TAF). Choices choices.

Some tables are not for some people, this is the case for me with Dr. Dude, can't do anything with that table.
On a side-note: that remark about the HUD messed up for BH doesn't bolster my confidence in a bug free release, anything on fixing Firepower, Black Knight and Gorgar? All had issues after the SST release. And POTO is still broken....(all on iPad)

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
On a side-note: that remark about the HUD messed up for BH doesn't bolster my confidence in a bug free release, anything on fixing Firepower, Black Knight and Gorgar? All had issues after the SST release. And POTO is still broken....(all on iPad)

Just to ease your concerns, on iOS, the BH HUD is working just fine, and the FP, BK, and Gorgar issues have been taken care of. But the POTO high score issue is still there.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I have all Wizards, high score is 2,266,000 or something.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.