Is this broken for anyone else?

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
Using an iPad Air with iOS 8.1.3

When the King's Ransom starts, the flippers are dead and the camera is stuck at the bottom right corner (though I can change the angle I watch it from). Pretty useless as this is the wizard mode.

It was so horrific I had to see if it was a one off. Rebooted the iPad. Played a few games to build up R A N S O .......then held my breath as RANSOM started. Same thing.

Can anyone else verify?

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Sheesh. Might as well ask if "Battle for the Kingdom" is working. :) Hold on. This may take a while.

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
When was this released? Exactly a year ago? Yeah, that was probably the last time I played it. Now that it may be broken, I definitely won't be playing it now.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Using an iPad Air with iOS 8.1.3

When the King's Ransom starts, the flippers are dead and the camera is stuck at the bottom right corner (though I can change the angle I watch it from). Pretty useless as this is the wizard mode.

It was so horrific I had to see if it was a one off. Rebooted the iPad. Played a few games to build up R A N S O .......then held my breath as RANSOM started. Same thing.

Can anyone else verify?

Did you notice if a ball was in the plunger?

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I had the same thing on PC. The camera gets stuck in plunger view during King's Ransom. I think I still did okay by randomly flailing around. It's a timed mode at least?

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
I think it's an issue with the ball being in the plunger. BK2k doesn't have an auto plunger so we have it set to activating when the right flipper is activated. Thats why im curious if there was a ball in the plunger.

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
I had the same thing on PC. The camera gets stuck in plunger view during King's Ransom. I think I still did okay by randomly flailing around. It's a timed mode at least?
yes, a mean old 20 seconds - but still potentially valuable as i'd hope to be able to shoot a couple up the skyway for extra balls.

i didn't notice a ball in the plunger, but nothing i could do would make the flippers move, including the right one (so if there was a ball in the plunger lane, it shoulda cleared?). in the limited time i managed to pause and try different camera angles, turn the optional multiball and event cameras on and off, still nutt'n. a real shame, as the only way i will get a decent score is by building up to RANSOM over a few games, hopefully also building up the jackpot to at least 2 or 3M, then grabbing some extra balls in the frenzy of that 20sec RANSOM. or is only one EB available?

most points are grabbed (by me anyway) using the rt flipper backhand to lightning with R of WAR unlit, repeat to complete WAR, then skyway for hurryups.
i didn't understand [MENTION=2101]Zaphod77[/MENTION] point about the W lane, or i couldn't ever get it to work anyway (in his BK2K strategy thread he says 'a good 50% of the time a full plunge will tag the "W" lane if you just hold the flipper up' ...... but that contradicts where he also says 'Only do a full plunge if the light ransom letter is already lit, and the drawbridge is down. otherwise, always try to spell WIN').
[MENTION=2101]Zaphod77[/MENTION]?

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
I think it's an issue with the ball being in the plunger. BK2k doesn't have an auto plunger so we have it set to activating when the right flipper is activated. Thats why im curious if there was a ball in the plunger.
I completed ransom by getting M from wheel and had the same thing. I had to launch the balls to start ransom but the camera was locked on the plunger.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
there's the W in WIN and the W in WAR.

when i referred to the full plunge, i was talking about the W in WAR. most useful in double knights challenge.

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
In double knight challenge you have to spell WAR and it starts with a ball in the plunger. So I can make this easier by only starting it when I already have two of the letters lit? And then keep W open and full plunge it? Now I get it.

Is there a good technique for scoring the WAR million multiple times - presumably trap on left then use right to keep hitting the lightning, yes?

Zaphod where do most of your points come from in this game?

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Honestly a lot of my points come from maxed out bonus. Those bonus multipliers add up, and with them high, each extra ball itself is automatically worth a lot of points.

the rest from double knights challenge, hurryups, and multiball.

Anubis

Jun 4, 2016
King's Ransom was broke for me in the way you describe. I was a bit unhappy but finishing the wizard goals on the table took out the sting a little bit.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.