Hello, it's just me, Poo!

JustPoo

Feb 19, 2015
Hello all, I've had a poke about your house so it seems only good manners to at least say hi. I'm Poo, from Yorkshire, and I bought TPA on PS4 a week ago, then got the Android version a few days ago.

So I'm totally new to it, but loving it. I got 50m on MM earlier, not a lot compared to you chaps, but I'm quite pleased with myself. Being so new to the game and having never played a real pinball table in my life, I can offer pretty much nothing of use. But rest assured I'll be lurking and soaking up what I can :D

I do have one question - I've been watching videos on flipper techniques and wondering if they can be used on TPA?

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Welcome to the gang Poo. You showed up at the perfect time, Addams Family about to drop.

Come on Ded, not even a chocolate soft serve gif?

JustPoo

Feb 19, 2015
Thanks guys, I'm waiting on Addams Family too, I watched the Twitch stream last night and it looks brilliant. Really love that Thing ball too. Is there any indication when today it'll go live?

Apr 8, 2012
I do have one question - I've been watching videos on flipper techniques and wondering if they can be used on TPA?

Unfortunately, most flipper techniques cannot be used on TPA. It's one of the only gripes I have with the game. You can't do drop catches, live catches, proper cradle separations, flick passes, or anything involving less than a full strength flip. What you can do is dead flipper (bounce) passes and I find them to be the most valuable skill to have in TPA apart from nudging. Some people complain that the nudging is too strong and that you can get away with too much, but without having proper flipper control, I feel it's necessary to "even things out" and make the game more playable.

JustPoo

Feb 19, 2015
Sorry to resurrect a hello thread, but I've been quietly lurking and reading the Medieval Madness tips threads, and watching pinballwiz45b's videos (seriously dude, skills!), and I thought I'd report that I've literally just won the Battle for the Kingdom for the first time! :D I'm on just over 400m on ball 1 with 2 extra balls. So chuffed. Knowing me I'll drain four in a row for nothing, but I so pleased I don't care :D Thanks to everyone for taking the time to post their hints and tips, I wouldn't have managed it without them :)

On a related note - I noticed on pinballwiz45b's video that he does a number of bang backs on MM. I've managed it once on the Android version of TPA, but I can't for the life of me do it on the PS4 version. Is it possible? If so, when and in what direction do you nudge?

Edit - just finished the game, completed BFTK twice and scored just over 1bn. Thanks again guys, couldn't have done it without this forum :D

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts