Best(current) Visual Pinball tables?

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
so on this lazy sunday morn, ive been bashing away at taf. its been some time since ive used vp. Im wondering what the current best top ten tables to play would be?

wiz bang gee whiz stuff lol

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Definitely anything that is based on the physmod5 version (special exe) which features awesome realistic physics ( nearly as good as pro pinball). VP 10 is still beta and lots of people build tables directly for physmod.
My favorite atm is the underdog "mystery castle", but also check out one of the latest Sam releases like AC/DC. Jurassic Park is visually very nicely done.
Check out this site to get a fast start. it's way nicer structured and more relaxed atmosphere than VP forums imo.
http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/1729-list-of-vp-physmod-tables/

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
cheers man gonna have a look around then

one thing is there a family guy table/rom out there?

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Bless your heart hairy: I've been meaning to make a thread like this too. I've been lazy and haven't updated VP in awhile heh. We should have some high score battles dude.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I got Bally's Totem to work, but no luck with Elvira. I got a bunch of script errors. I updated VP from like 9.2 to 9.9.1...do I need to completely reinstall it? or does it not matter as long as I use the physmod exe? (which I am).

EDIT: nevermind...see post below.

Last edited:

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
is there an easy way to use full screen tables in desktop mode? adams famiky wont even load the rom? taf_l7

ill try another table

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Holy **** man, the night mod for TAF is pretty freakin' good. I definitely gotta get my Xarcade going again.

EDIT: also updated my VBS scripts and got Elvira working now.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
playing with acdc pro heh

need set my controller up

ball seems to stutter slightly but options dint seem to change that either

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
For sam tables make sure you have the latest vpinmame 2.06 from site above. Latest vbs files are in the vp10 beta and backwards compatible. Also best to use is mjr custom physmod exe found in first link above.
If you got performance issues .. Best leave all fxaa options in VP alone and set everything via Nvidia control panel.

Glad you enjoy VP a little. They are making great progress. Can't imagine what the community would do if they had a state of the art 3d engine like TPA...
Well it's good to have both...
Really miss table goals in VP...

Last edited:

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
im gonna focus on desktop versions because even the oatches to convert fullscreen to desktop are way to small on a 15 inch screen,

some tables are extremely picky about what. ersion thry will run on etc etc

i imagine ince i get a good collection disgned for the desktop itll all be fine heh

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
yeah man used it but it days to make tabkes abiut 2 inches across in a 15 inch screen and i cant find my glasses haha

and the viewing angles are crap in portrait

oh well

Members online

Members online