Request Request from left field

AstroStrat89

Feb 28, 2012
I posted on the FB page a while ago that you guys should do a take on the classic computer game David's Midnight Magic. I know it's a take on Black Knight, but that would be so cool to see the retro graphics brought to life in 3d.

Then lets take it one step further and make a Pinball Construction Set. Even a really simple one that was based on the original would be so cool. I know things like ramps and dot-matrix things would be too complicated. But some drop targets, spinners, jet bumpers would be a ton of fun to play with.

No one on this board wouldn't shell out a few bucks to be able to play with something like that.

Make it so.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
I have tried remakes of classic games in Visual Pinball and Future Pinball and they always felt a bit off. Since Pinball Arcade is trying for real pinball, I don't think it wouid work well. Personally, I think the similarities to Black Knight are a good reason not to include David's Midnight Magic. I love the game (and have it for the Atari 800 XL), but I see little point to having an unofficial port of Black Knight when there will be version of the original with more realistic physics. An editor sounds like fun, but, again, with the focus on realistic pinball, I don't think a port of Pinball Construction Set would work for Pinball Arcade.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Brian, FarSight has said that in the future they'd like to have a "construction" mode (it was posted as a response to someone's suggestion a few months ago). That surprised me, as I didn't think that would fit into their plans for the game, but it may be coming at some point...

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
Brian, FarSight has said that in the future they'd like to have a "construction" mode (it was posted as a response to someone's suggestion a few months ago). That surprised me, as I didn't think that would fit into their plans for the game, but it may be coming at some point...

Yeah, I remember reading that. I was talking about a port of the classic Apple II Pinball Construction Kit, though. An editor might be neat to create your own classic style tables, but I don't think a close port of Pinball Construction Kit world work for Pinball Arcade, especially with the limitations in the physics.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts