It's about time

ccl78

Oct 29, 2012
Hi everyone. My name's Martin and I've been hanging around for a looooong time. But since I dont't think I've got much to "continbute", my participation here is more on the passive side.... Anyway, I signed in to the Blahcade Tournament of the Month (btw a fantastic idea) and thought maybe you would like to know who's scores you'll be crushing today. So here it comes: I live in Germany (the land where only crickets play pinball nowadays), I'm a software developer (no games, just boring business stuff), I run Linux on all my Machines because I like the Idea behind Open Source, and obviously I love pinball. Been playing the original Pro-Pinball series on PC, everything from Zen and FS on PS2/PS3 and Android and since last week (finally) the Android port from A.S.K. (insta-gold for me).

That's all for now. See you in the tournament results.

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
I feel like a spammer with my 30+ posts... Better get cracking if I'm gonna reach Jeffs post count.

It's a bit of a desert in Sweden too finding pinballs, but there is a club withing the halls of our technical University here ( Chalmers ) and they got some 10+ machines spread around the campus sites.

You will probably crush my score... :p

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
Bonjour.gif

workshed

Feb 26, 2015
Have you tried to get TPA working with Wine on any of your Linux boxes? I finally got everything working (including PS4 controller support) on the day TAF was released after several attempts over many months. I can probably give you tips if you'd like to play it on your PC, although I tried so many things I'm not sure what was important and what wasn't out of the many things I tried.

ccl78

Oct 29, 2012
Thanks for the warm welcome, folks. You all are making this forum a great place to be.

ccl78

Oct 29, 2012
Have you tried to get TPA working with Wine on any of your Linux boxes? I finally got everything working (including PS4 controller support) on the day TAF was released after several attempts over many months. I can probably give you tips if you'd like to play it on your PC, although I tried so many things I'm not sure what was important and what wasn't out of the many things I tried.

Nope. I've given up un Wine a long time ago. After some failed attempts to get *anything* working on Wine I bought my first Playstation. Since then consoles (and Android) are for playing games and my PCs are pure work horses. It's cheaper in the long run, too. Not having to buy new graphics hardware and RAM every few months. But I'll give the native Linux versions of TPA and Pro-Pinball a try if they are released before I die of old age.

ccl78

Oct 29, 2012
Where do you live in Germany ?

Deep in the Woods. A rural area called the "Sauerland" in the west. The "Ruhrgebiet" (with cities like Dortmund) is quite near. And Cologne is within about 2.5 - 3 hours driving distance (by car).

ccl78

Oct 29, 2012
Dude, the fact you successfully used #continbute in your post makes you aces in my book!

Thanks. I just had to get some sort of Blahcade reference in there. Really enjoying the podcast, you and your fellow Blahcaders are doing a great job.

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
Deep in the Woods. A rural area called the "Sauerland" in the west. The "Ruhrgebiet" (with cities like Dortmund) is quite near. And Cologne is within about 2.5 - 3 hours driving distance (by car).

Good to know.
Glad to have you here. ;)

workshed

Feb 26, 2015
Nope. I've given up un Wine a long time ago. After some failed attempts to get *anything* working on Wine I bought my first Playstation. Since then consoles (and Android) are for playing games and my PCs are pure work horses. It's cheaper in the long run, too. Not having to buy new graphics hardware and RAM every few months. But I'll give the native Linux versions of TPA and Pro-Pinball a try if they are released before I die of old age.

Yah, I hear you. Wine is as often as not an exercise in frustration and I rarely use it. I couldn't wait for TAF to come out on the playstation though, especially as I backed it on Kickstarter. It's the only game I own for TPA on steam, other than TOTAN of course, and I still consider the PS4 as my primary platform. Once TAF is out for PS4 that is where I'm going to play it, and that is where my gold version is coming to. I'm a little conflicted about the long promised native Linux version of TPA however, I would definitely go for it, but I worry that yet another platform isn't the best thing for Farsight. The effort might be better spent fixing things on the platforms they already support, especially as TPA on Linux would likely not be a huge seller. I suspect it may be a moot point anyway as I'm skeptical that it will ever happen.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.