New GUI in zen pinball ios

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
I don't have an iOS device, so I can't see the UI you don't like. What's it like? What's wrong with it?

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
And about zaccaria, I think it can't get worse than the camera options. Looks like an earthquake messed everything up with all the diagonal sliders and randomly placed button. Or I am just not getting it.

Last edited:

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
I don't like the new GUI. I prefer the GUI that zaccaria uses I hope TPA goes with something like that.

100% Zen GUI sucks now. it's def worse than TPA. ZACC has it right.

Zen's new GUI - rather than open on all the tables now they are in sub categories. so you open zen. then have various folders for marvel, south park and star wars. then you go into that folder to pick a table. it reminds me of how some web sights present links in order to beef up their page counts.

keep it simple. i'm there for the games not the menu screen.

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Here's the main screen (Android)

635b9295785d19a0a9f999c83ae477ff.jpg

Why Sorcerers Lair is not in the Zen folder bewilders me.

4e50e2b9105b326947a5fc56febb4ef8.jpg

Then when you go into the Star Wars menu, you can update the table.

dda0193f79b4159bff371c6ad5a68093.jpg

You can bet they did this because the flat UI structure was not scaling for all the teeny tiny icons they were jamming into the old interface.

Nesting them makes sense to me.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Too many clicks to get to the gameplay

1. Click on stack "marvel" brings up description of marvel2
2. Click marvel again takes you to table selection screen with redundant marvel description
3. Click on table brings up table description
4. Click on table launches table play option "single player"
5. Click play option
6. Click launch.

From a UI/UX perspective this could definitely be simplified - the very least remove the first click that brings up the group description - it is pointless as it is the first thing you see when you get into the group table selection. I think all descriptions could be moved to the in game options screen - I don't need to be "sold" on the table I am about to choose, and once you read it you don't need to have see every time you play. IMHO

haj

Sep 28, 2012
Too many clicks to get to the gameplay

1. Click on stack "marvel" brings up description of marvel2
2. Click marvel again takes you to table selection screen with redundant marvel description
3. Click on table brings up table description
4. Click on table launches table play option "single player"
5. Click play option
6. Click launch.

From a UI/UX perspective this could definitely be simplified - the very least remove the first click that brings up the group description - it is pointless as it is the first thing you see when you get into the group table selection. I think all descriptions could be moved to the in game options screen - I don't need to be "sold" on the table I am about to choose, and once you read it you don't need to have see every time you play. IMHO

Exactly! I've even complained TPA's "start" "start" double tap. Let me play just by one click!

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Exactly! I've even complained TPA's "start" "start" double tap. Let me play just by one click!

it'd be awesome if just clicking "start" in TPA started a 1 player game and clicking the table's icon brought up it's option screen like it does now.

As far as Zen, their menu screens have always been a major weakness. it is a little surprising though that they've made them even less user friendly than they already were. i made the mistake of buying star wars and marvel tables separately so i have three zen pinball apps on my home screen now. you'd think they'd want them all in the zen pinball app so that people buying licensed tables can then see what other tables they offer rather than being license inclusive. What they have now is by far the worst option.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.