Table of the Week Club...week 6: NO GOOD GOFERS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
The TotW for week 6 is No Good Gofers. What, you didn't think we forgot about this despite having the tournament did you? Now go sink some balls!

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Oh that's funny. I just played this an hour ago for the first time in a long while.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
At least the ramps are transparent now. All we need now is a bit of alpha on the flashers.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Well, the next tournaments going to be a lot easier than the last one...

I'm going to get up a Pinball Dissected article in a bit.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Can someone please explain this bulletin crap I'm seeing?. I know it's way off subject, but if that is what this site has come to, I'm out. No loss on your part. But what that crap, is someone going to explain that🐑

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
what bulletin crap? I don't see anything special.
About the NGG, finally it is playable. One of my favourites. Cleared all goals long time ago. But I'm nowhere near those crazy scores.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I have a love/hate relationship with NGG. One the one hand there are some great concepts that are well implemented, on the other there's a ton of stuff that just happens for no apparent reason (and I've read the instructions!! ). Plus the music and callouts are ridiculously noisy, incessant, and bordering on annoying.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Kingo, when I typed that, there was something wrong with this forum. All good now though. And don't mean to dog on those gofers, it's the perfect table for a tournament

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Cool, I love this table. I don't play it that often though, so a good reason (again) to play it. I have all wizard goals (I don't recall them as being extremely difficult) and 262m points.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Cool.

NGG is one of those tables I usually don't play, but when I do it's a fun table!

I have all goals(Super Jackpot gave me a hard time) and my high score is 93,852,390. Sometimes I feel like I play forever and don't really score much.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
The Multiball start process is simple: shoot center ramp, shoot Bud, lock ball, shoot center ramp, shoot Buzz in under 20s, lock ball, shoot putting green.
I'm not familiar with that bolded bit? I thought you had to grind the center ramp all the way for both locks. If there's any shortcut with Buzz, I think it's only early in the game for the first couple multiballs.

The Jackpot in Multiball is located at the side ramp and usually scores over 1 million
Heh, understatement. The jackpot starts at 2.5M and raises throughout the game by 1M each time collected.

After this Jackpot is collected Super Jackpot will light at the Hole in One. I forgot how the value is determined but it's pretty huge.
It can be either double the regular jackpot, or just the regular jackpot plus an EB. I think it alternates between those.

Hole in One Challenge, a 4-ball Multiball where everything is lit and scoring the Hole in One awards a Special. This doesn't matter in TPA
It does matter, the Special awards an EB on this table.

The entire scoring of the game comes down to jackpots and Holes-in-One later on, as their progressive nature overwhelms everything else on the table. I've had the jackpot over 150M and Hole-in-One north of 70M. Ridiculous compared to some piddly 2M chump change from Ripoff or Speed Golf or Short Circuit or whatever. Once you're past the first billion, only those big prizes matter at all.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
I'm not familiar with that bolded bit? I thought you had to grind the center ramp all the way for both locks. If there's any shortcut with Buzz, I think it's only early in the game for the first couple multiballs.

Heh, understatement. The jackpot starts at 2.5M and raises throughout the game by 1M each time collected.

It can be either double the regular jackpot, or just the regular jackpot plus an EB. I think it alternates between those.

It does matter, the Special awards an EB on this table.

The entire scoring of the game comes down to jackpots and Holes-in-One later on, as their progressive nature overwhelms everything else on the table. I've had the jackpot over 150M and Hole-in-One north of 70M. Ridiculous compared to some piddly 2M chump change from Ripoff or Speed Golf or Short Circuit or whatever. Once you're past the first billion, only those big prizes matter at all.

The first one is true, there is a time limit to shoot Buzz for the second lock. Forgot to put in that you eventually have to shoot the center ramp a lot to light locks after.

Sorry I got so many things wrong, I hadn't played this table in a while.

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
Well, I missed all the first tranche of tables...and BH.
But still had fun posting some scores in Tourney.

Been trying my best to keep my scores in TPA's iOS tourney in the Top 100 for all tables (unsuccessfully :()

Who's in the Silver tier with me? :)

Andy

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I still don't get this table. Well I get that Multiball and Holes-in-One are the way to go... Also, I really, really, really, don't like the right outlane, and the tendency for the jets to blast the ball right into it.

I'm wondering how the heck I scored 548M one time, given most of my scores today have been in the 100M-150M range.

[Edit] Oh, and whilst I'm at it, NGG really badly needs a makeover. The playfield resolution is terrible. Compare it side-by-side with TAF. Also if people are complaining about the sound in TAF, go play NGG, TAF is a Bose surround-sound system in comparison.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I still don't get this table. Well I get that Multiball and Holes-in-One are the way to go... Also, I really, really, really, don't like the right outlane, and the tendency for the jets to blast the ball right into it.

I'm wondering how the heck I scored 548M one time, given most of my scores today have been in the 100M-150M range.

[Edit] Oh, and whilst I'm at it, NGG really badly needs a makeover. The playfield resolution is terrible. Compare it side-by-side with TAF. Also if people are complaining about the sound in TAF, go play NGG, TAF is a Bose surround-sound system in comparison.

Overpriced, cheaply made, and well marketed? ;)

edit: don't mean to hijack the thread...

jdoa

Jan 8, 2015
yay, got my highest score ever on no good gofers. for some reason because i reinstalled TPA all of my goals are gone. so slowly but surely i'm re-doing all of my goals. but what is sort-of upsetting is that once i completed my standard goals (just now) on no good gofers, i already did some wizard goals (in the same play of ball). but my wizard goals did not register. really frustrating, cause the supper jackpot is quite hard to do. and i also started the rip-off multiball and also activated the cart attack...."sigh" awh well, i just have to start again lol

btw this was my game. pretty pleased with my score :)

DbS7f8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.