Any chance of seperate IOS and Android forums?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zevious Zoquis

Jul 27, 2013
It's getting pretty confusing in here with thread titles referring to bugs and releases for the different platforms...

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
We could make sub-forums, but from the developers perspective, the code base is now shared between the two apps anyhow.

I certainly think the table threads should not be separated into platform: they now represent common bugs across iOS and Android now.
[MENTION=2322]Zsolt[/MENTION] should probably have the final word about how he wants to digest the info. Remember, we're doing this for ASK's benefit: this is their user forum essentially. The fact that it is hosted on here is only to allow ASK to get on with coding instead of managing a forum. ;)

Zevious Zoquis

Jul 27, 2013
really? Common bugs across platforms? In all cases? That seems hard to believe...

I don't have anything against the android version or anything like that. I just found when I popped onto the forum earlier that the page seemed pretty confusing with reference to the different versions...I saw the Combat thread and thought 3.3 for IOS must be out but in reading the thread realized it's referencing the android version.

Last edited:

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
really? Common bugs across platforms? In all cases? That seems hard to believe...

I don't have anything against the android version or anything like that. I just found when I popped onto the forum earlier that the page seemed pretty confusing with reference to the different versions...I saw the Combat thread and thought 3.3 for IOS must be out but in reading the thread realized it's referencing the android version.

Happened to me too, thought the 3.3 update for iOS happened - it probably is the same codebase and they were submitted to both platforms at the same time - just the usual wait time for iOS so it hit on android first.

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
The scripts, objects, textures, sounds etc. are the same for both versions. From now on both versions would have the same bugs. We have already made some fixes for the next upgrades and both versions have the same change list. Yes, there could be some platform specific bugs in the future, but I think upcoming bugs will be effected for both versions. That's why I don't think we need to make separated threads, because platform specific bugs can be posted to the current update thread. The other bugs can be posted to table threads. What do you think, guys?

haj

Sep 28, 2012
I think that's reasonable. Now, I feel very much like the new physics engine, don't mind a few leftover glitches at this moment ;)

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
The scripts, objects, textures, sounds etc. are the same for both versions. From now on both versions would have the same bugs. We have already made some fixes for the next upgrades and both versions have the same change list. Yes, there could be some platform specific bugs in the future, but I think upcoming bugs will be effected for both versions. That's why I don't think we need to make separated threads, because platform specific bugs can be posted to the current update thread. The other bugs can be posted to table threads. What do you think, guys?
+1, as I suspected.

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Sounds fine to me, though i notice there are threads being created for issues/questions which could easely be posted into table or update related threads.

Last edited:

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
If we have separate threads I will only start getting jealous when I see Zsolt posting in the iOS thread, that will lead to conflict, and before you know it we will be brawling on the streets. We hate each other already but as least we don't make it public, so combined threads is the way to keep it.

;)

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Yeah better keep one place. As long as they keep the Plattform in sync, which they seem to do (not like... whine whine ) this be good.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
everyone knows ios users can afford better hitmen! 10k iwacthes as bonuses

I am iOS and can't afford jack. But once the $ starts rollin in, I'd like to get on board with this A.S.K. Homework business. So I'd like to 'ask' yous a ?... What tables should I buy first? Or packs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts