Favorite iOS and Android gaming sites

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
Hey guys,

We are curious what sites do you read/visit to get information about iOS and Android gaming? Thanks!

night

May 18, 2012
I have submitted Zaccaria as a tip on Toucharcade.com (homepage, right top). Perhaps you guys can do the same. Let's give Zaccaria the exposure it deserves!

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Might be worth doing a developer interview about working with pinball community to create the perfect pinball sim, about the physics overhaul, lighting techniques, etc.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
BTW, I notice that when you go into the iOS App Store and search for "pinball" that the ASK Age of Pinballs comes up fairly high on the list, but Zacc doesn't. Is there any way you can promote Zacc more within the Age of Pinballs app?

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
I have submitted Zaccaria as a tip on Toucharcade.com (homepage, right top). Perhaps you guys can do the same. Let's give Zaccaria the exposure it deserves!
We have also made it without any success.

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
BTW, I notice that when you go into the iOS App Store and search for "pinball" that the ASK Age of Pinballs comes up fairly high on the list, but Zacc doesn't. Is there any way you can promote Zacc more within the Age of Pinballs app?
Yeah, it is a good idea. Anyway we thought of Age of Pinballs should get a new menu, physics, lightmaps etc. and an Android version later.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Yeah, it is a good idea. Anyway we thought of Age of Pinballs should get a new menu, physics, lightmaps etc. and an Android version later.

That would be cool. There are some good designs there and they'd be so much better with the updated physics.

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012

Oh dear goodness to gracious, age of pinballs with this new physics engine would elevate it from "nice to look at but..." To "I want to play now". This is not meant as an insult, for the time it was released, I had fun with this series of pins, but the gameplay does not compare as well to what we have with your new Zaccaria physics engine. I think the new engine would bring new life to your previous release!

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Oh dear goodness to gracious, age of pinballs with this new physics engine would elevate it from "nice to look at but..." To "I want to play now". This is not meant as an insult, for the time it was released, I had fun with this series of pins, but the gameplay does not compare as well to what we have with your new Zaccaria physics engine. I think the new engine would bring new life to your previous release!

Agreed. I haven't played it for years, but I just fired it back up to look at some of the tables again. There are some really nice layouts that would be a blast if they had the Zacc physics. Also, if there was an option to make the flippers smaller too as they seem quite oversized on a lot of the tables.

Last edited:

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014

i would totally buy age of pinballs with these new physics.

perhaps you could also add a Zaccarria advertisement screen when Age of Pinballs boots up? like TPA does for their bowling game, ghostbusters and kick starters, that way people that own age of pinballs who may not know about Zaccs can find out about it. :cool:

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
I also liked Age of Pinball some years ago when I had an iOS, but as most said the physics let it down. There were indeed some great designs, so if these get the new physics, lighting I would snap up any gold package offered on Android.

night

May 18, 2012
Yes, agree. AOP needs all the bells and whistels from Zaccaria, physics, graphix fx & custom setting, then it can be something really nice.

tripleplonq

Dec 3, 2012

That would be great. The thing that I found most annoying were the rather simple and repetitive game rules of the first decade pins. (space man, etc.). And not one of the tables had a bonus score feature. I also thought the apparently random placement of the drop targets was a bit weird.

A completely renewed version of AOP might be an option.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.