Nudge/Tilt Visually Backwards

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Just curious why the nudging is backwards in terms of ball movement? When you nudge the table from the right side, you can visually see the table move left, which it should, but the ball moves left as well. In real life when you nudge from the right side, the table moves left, but the ball moves to the right.

So the table is moving correctly from a visual standpoint, but the ball is not.

The inverse "tilt" option fixes the ball movement, but there's a problem still because the table now moves in the wrong direction, which is just not accurate from a physics standpoint. It also trains people to think of nudging backwards when they go to play real pinball. :)

Anyways, hope this can be fixed and keep up the great work!

Last edited:

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Yeah I noticed and reported the same thing just after Android release.
We asked for an invert nudge option which was added but the table does visually move the wrong way.
I prefer playing with swipe style nudge and invert=on.
That way if my left thumb is on the screen holding left flip up, and a ball is descending for a centre drain I sweep my left thumb right, which is the same action as nudging the left side of a real table.

It would be nice to get the visual fixed though.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Yeah I noticed and reported the same thing just after Android release.
We asked for an invert nudge option which was added but the table does visually move the wrong way.
I prefer playing with swipe style nudge and invert=on.
That way if my left thumb is on the screen holding left flip up, and a ball is descending for a centre drain I sweep my left thumb right, which is the same action as nudging the left side of a real table.

It would be nice to get the visual fixed though.

Right on man. I play the same way and the swipe nudging is really nice. The visual table movement throws me off a bit, so hopefully it's something that can be tweaked.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Thank you. I didn't mention anything because I'm a newbie here and didn't know where everybody stood on this matter. Now even though the inverse function does fix it, having the table move the wrong way is more than just a visual issue. If I want to actually push a wall against the ball, the table has to move correctly.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts