Latest TPA PlayStation news from FarSight (Mike Lindsey)

joeblow

Feb 26, 2013
<Sorry mods; I meant to post this in the PS subforum>

With The Addams Family, Earthshaker, Party Zone and Starship Troopers releasing Tuesday on the PS4, the PlayStation Blog members asked FS about other pressing issues:

Can we get an update on when Vita owners will get the season 4 tables?

The massive amount of content we have available in our game has finally caused us to reach some limitations of the Vita hardware. We are currently optimizing the game and should have thing ironed out in the next few weeks. We don’t have an official release date, but we will be announcing in our newsletter and on our social media pages soon.

Mr. Lindsey, can you imagine playing Earth shaker with the DS4 rumble feature, how awesome would that be? I would like to have controller vibration and friends leader board included with update for the new tables.

I can imagine! It won’t be in this release, but you can expect rumble and possibly friends leaderboards in the next patch.

Will Earthshaker have the original building that “falls” down? or the cost-reduced version of the table? Will the DualShock controller vibrate when the table does?

Any word on when PlayStation gamers will get to play the Ghostbusters table you released on iPhone/iPad? Ghostbusters is a Sony property, and PlayStation is a Sony platform, so…

Looking forward to playing Addams Family on my Vita as well. It would be awesome if you have one of the developers on your next Twitch stream to talk about the technical challenges and some of the cool low-level optimizations you’re doing on that platform.

oh, and when will 3DTV support be added to the PS4 version? I love playing Plants versus Zombies and Tesla tables in 3D on my PS4, would be great to do the same with “real” tables in Pinball Arcade!

The version we were permitted to make under the license does not include the falling building.

Vibration will be added with the patch following this one.

We currently do not have any official news on the Ghostbusters table coming to PlayStation.

Having one of the programmers on the steam is definitely a possibility!

I believe we do intend to implement 3D as we did on the PS3, but don’t have any official date set.

One of the coolest features of Addams Family pinball is that Thing Flips would get more accurate over time, as it used basic AI to adjust the timing of the shots. How does that work here? Does it persist between sessions of the game?

The digitized version learns just like the physical table. If it does not score the shot within 4 tries, it dumps the memory and starts over. The memory should persist until you change to a different table.

Why game interface looks like some alpha-version? Scrolling tables one by one with low-res table pic – it is laughable. Just look at that “interface” – even your logo is very deformed and have wrong aspect (i forgot, but, probably, in options menu – I’m far from console to check). Do you have proper designer to make interface with good usability?

We bug fix on one platform and port fixes over. We try to fit as many fixes in as we can each release.

We have informed Sony of the issue. It’s up to them when they will fix it. Sorry about that. :-(

Yes. Rumble and friends leaderboards should be in the next patch.

The current interface is has been with us from the beginning. We are definitely due for a new one and have somebody working on it as we speak. :)

Will these tables have trophies? When will we be seeing trophies added for all the other tables from Season Two and Three?

We ran into the maximum amount of trophies allowed on PS3 and Vita. I believe we will be restructuring the trophy system to be a bit more across the board. No official date on that yet.

Any chance of doing any other versions of the brilliant ‘Pin*Bot’ Table? GOD i LOVE that Table :p Think they are called – ‘The Machine: Bride of Pin-Bot’ (released in 1991) and ‘Jack*Bot’ (released in 1995)

We can’t say what we are working on but we’ve already done “Pin*bot” and “Bride of Pin*Bot” so it should be very possible!

Last edited:

workshed

Feb 26, 2015
Thank you for summarizing this for us. I can't wait for the PS4 update and I'm glad rumble support will be coming. Rumble is something minor, but I miss it from the PS3 days...destroying those castles feels so much better when you can feel the destruction. Not sure how whoever was asking the question missed the fact that BOP has been out for a long time, but I'm confident Jack*Bot will come eventually. It will complete the *Bot collection nicely.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Yay Jack*Bot! :)

Also, I'm excited for all these updates. The past 4 season 4 tables have been some of my most played in the game and I'm really excited to share my skills with them with others on PS4.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts