Superdan's Tourney

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
I'm a bit confused on how it works. Is it just a matter of reaching the goal scores, or is there a time component? Is it better to be the first player (in real time once the tournament starts) to post the score?

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Do you think it would make sense to rank players a,b,c by using their rankings in the week long tournaments? For example I'm Gold so I would be at a B level, which makes sense to me bc the guys in A would kick my butt all over the place but it wouldn't be fair for me to be in the a level. So in my case it makes sense but of course there are many other players. Just a thought.

Btw: what an awesome "game" plan. Love the idea, can't wait to participate!

superdan

Jan 30, 2015
I'm a bit confused on how it works. Is it just a matter of reaching the goal scores, or is there a time component? Is it better to be the first player (in real time once the tournament starts) to post the score?

There is both a time component and a matter of reaching the goal score. First to reach score will be first place for that division, second will be second, so on. For those who attempt but do not achieve score, they can elect to post a DNF in the email subject line and still receive some points for their effort.
Any more questions, please feel free. I'm sure changes will happen for the only constant is change... Your oxymoron for the day. Cheers

superdan

Jan 30, 2015
Do you think it would make sense to rank players a,b,c by using their rankings in the week long tournaments? For example I'm Gold so I would be at a B level, which makes sense to me bc the guys in A would kick my butt all over the place but it wouldn't be fair for me to be in the a level. So in my case it makes sense but of course there are many other players. Just a thought.

Btw: what an awesome "game" plan. Love the idea, can't wait to participate!

Unfortunately I do not have a better way to judge who fits in 'A' division for the time being. This would make the most sense and one thing this tournament needs to avoid is advanced players playing too low, or beginner players playing too high. Sounds to me you can start in 'B' and see how it goes. But if the majority of 'A' say you belong in 'A', then guess what? lol
I don't want to reveal what's behind the curtain, but to give you a better idea, I'm in collaboration with top players for scores and a proposed score for bride of pinbot may be: Bride of Pin-Bot=9*bil A, 5 bil B, 2 Bil C. These scores are not official and any score with a * denotes a perfect hall of fame score for a game. Only a few games have the *. Read my post below on the first change. Cheers

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Haha, I'm an "A" Division Player.

That made my day...

Best of luck with this new format and new direction of play.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013

Ha, me too. I'm impressed by myself ;) Will be interesting to see, what my current high score is compared to what the goal is for the table.

Interesting format, but difficult with with the different time zones.

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
So players in Europe start up at 5 am on a Monday morning? Or can we make a screenshot when we start and another when the target score is reached?

superdan

Jan 30, 2015
So players in Europe start up at 5 am on a Monday morning? Or can we make a screenshot when we start and another when the target score is reached?
Players in different time zones will have to adjust accordingly. Use a time zone conversion online...btw, 9:00 p.m. Pacific Standard Time would be 5:00 am Berlin time.
I'm just requiring the screenshot when the goal is reached for now. Let's see how that goes. I would like to make it as simple of possible; but if it's clear changes need to be made here and there to make it better, I'm of course open to that.

superdan

Jan 30, 2015

That made my day...

Best of luck with this new format and new direction of play.

Success has a price all it's own :) "A" division is a good place to be especially for the ego... I have high expectations, and some admiration for you guys. I wish I could be more accommodating to different time zones but it is what it is. For the one's auto locked into A, and others who play A, I expect you guys to point out if there are players who should be in A but playing B and C. If so, need a majority to say the word and they will involuntarily be moved to 'A'. Otherwise it is what it is. As shutyertrap says, just sayin

superdan

Jan 30, 2015
Although I have some 'blueprint' scores of the various games for A, B, and C divisions after some collaboration with various sources and players...they are still not set and still looking for more input on what some players think they should be, especially from the senior members, but anyone for that matter.. So if you have ideas, send them my way and they will be looked at... Yes they will. Keep in mind that A players will have 6 hours, B players will have 5 hours, and C players will have 4 hours to complete the score goal, and the scores need to be challenging...but doable. PM or email me.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Unfortunately I do not have a better way to judge who fits in 'A' division for the time being. This would make the most sense and one thing this tournament needs to avoid is advanced players playing too low, or beginner players playing too high. Sounds to me you can start in 'B' and see how it goes. But if the majority of 'A' say you belong in 'A', then guess what? lol
I don't want to reveal what's behind the curtain, but to give you a better idea, I'm in collaboration with top players for scores and a proposed score for bride of pinbot may be: Bride of Pin-Bot=9*bil A, 5 bil B, 2 Bil C. These scores are not official and any score with a * denotes a perfect hall of fame score for a game. Only a few games have the *. Read my post below on the first change. Cheers

I'm all for that. I really don't consider myself an A player but if it turns out people think I should be in A...well, majority rules!! I just want to play for the sheer love of playing pinball!

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Yeah, I'd have to guess that midnight to 6 am (US Eastern) on a Monday morning probably won't attract much of anyone, nor will 5 am intruding into the work day for Europe. I get the part that if you don't like it you can start your own tournament... but you might find this one to be pretty lonely. Don't mean to be cynical, but honestly your structure here probably just isn't going to attract enough players to make the divisions and progression mean anything.

Also, you keep talking Pacific Standard Time, but you probably really mean Daylight as that's what's in effect.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Although I love to play a little tournament just for the fun of it - unfortunately there is no way I could play on a workday on 5 am. On the other hand there's almost no way I could do a decent score on 5 am on any given day ;-) Good luck for this event anyway.

I hope one day FarSight makes user-generated tournaments possible, which could make the planning of such events a bit easier.

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
Yeah same here, a strict 5 am start time is a no go for me. Props to you Superdan for setting this up though, it sounds fun. Good luck to everyone participating.

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
The Timezone's a bit of bugger here in UK. But I like the idea of a 'Race to a Score' tourney :)

superdan

Jan 30, 2015
Yeah, I'd have to guess that midnight to 6 am (US Eastern) on a Monday morning probably won't attract much of anyone, nor will 5 am intruding into the work day for Europe. I get the part that if you don't like it you can start your own tournament... but you might find this one to be pretty lonely. Don't mean to be cynical, but honestly your structure here probably just isn't going to attract enough players to make the divisions and progression mean anything.

Also, you keep talking Pacific Standard Time, but you probably really mean Daylight as that's what's in effect.

There is too much interest and too many bummed about the time so I'm going to change the start time to 5:00 pm instead of 9:00 pm and just find a way to do this somehow.
I do agree that if there are too few players, divisions will lose it's strength. But that can be an easy fix. It may take a time or two, but it will get there.
As to the other stuff, right now it's all conjecture anyway.
At any rate, there it is. Hey, think positive, it's just pinball. Cheers

Last edited:

superdan

Jan 30, 2015
Of course no start time will please everyone...but clearly the later the start, the more it alienates a lot of TPA players.If I can change it to 5 pm, I can change it to 3 pm, so it's the best and earliest I can do. I hope that helps out better the players from Europe. Tourny not about me, but about all of you. Consider it done.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Renamed the thread to something generic because I was tired of the constant requests to change the thread title. It will NOT be changed again.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.