Hey there fellow pinballers!

SickBoy

Mar 19, 2015
As many before me, I've been guesting around the site for ages now, and finally felt like I should register since the Steam forums are a nightmare if you actually want to have a decent discussion about pinball (or anything, for that matter <insert something about kids these days and cane waggling>).

I got my start in pinball in the early 90s (possibly late 80s, but my memory is shot these days and I've always been short enough to where pinball was problematic without a step-stool), experienced first hand the arcade crash and watched in dismay as every arcade in the area put up signs overnight that they were closing, and have been craving the feel of a real machine since then. Nobody in my family or circle of friends played pinball, but any time I went to an arcade or convenience store/etc. I'd be inevitably drawn to the pinball tables. They were something absolutely magical, and since then I've never been able to play anything else if there is even the most beat-up, broken, dirty table available.

Pinball for me is the ultimate in engineering and gaming. The skill and reflexes required, the brilliance of in-depth rules you have to figure out as you play, the stamina factor, the mechanical nature... it's something that combines into a truly unique experience that nothing else can compete with. My pinball philosophy is that there is no such thing as a bad table... there's just tables I'm in the mood to play at that moment in time, and those that I'm not (but eventually will be).

My current pinballing adventures are limited to my full collections of FX2, TPA, Pro-Pinball (kickstarted it, but waiting for release), and a smattering of old stuff that I play now and then for kicks. I'm desperate for Zaccaria Pinball to hit the PC market, and would give any number of internal organs to have my own physical machine or even have access to one (living in the middle of nowhere has its downsides).

Lately I've been obsessed with the history of pinball, technical info, and just generally anything I can get my hands on that will give me a better understanding of how tables are made and the significance they all play in the overall scheme of things. If you have a must-read book, site, documentary, youtube personality, podcast... whatever, then please let me know! Right now I'm going through the AU Pinheadz podcast and watching TNT Amusements vids, but I'd love anything else you can toss me. Doesn't matter how technical or old it is... I want it all! :D

So hi! Many of you I already have in my Steam friend's list, but feel free to add me http://steamcommunity.com/id/thesickboy/ I'm always up for chatting about pinball or having some 1v1 (though I only do friendly competition... I'm no cutthroat, must-win type of person).

Last edited:

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
RidBGrni9.gif

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts