Work In Progress features

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
From now on I will inform you about upcoming features which is under development in this thread.

Here is the first footage about one of upcoming features for Zaccaria Pinball. The only problem is we don't know a suitable name for this feature. We are waiting for your ideas!

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
I'm sure other Pinball app developer's will call it the "oh cr@p wish we had the talent to do that" feature. :)
This is amazing.

Maybe call it 'Ambient Glow'.

Indy99

May 24, 2013
Wow!! That looks amazing! Zsolt, you guys are doing amazing things with the app. I am very impressed! Ambient Glow works for me as a name.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I think "Lights Off Attract".

I know a certain developer that had to spend over two years rendering their game to achieve lighting like this. And you've done it in a matter of months. But you do it in real Time! Shock!

This really does make TPA's offering on mobile seem "last-gen".

It's also amazing that the same gameengine used to make a driving game is able to make pinball to this quality as well.

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I'm not sure which new feature we're meant to be naming! It all sure looks good though!
From what I gather it is the pronounced alpha panes coupled with the super dark room that lets the alpha panes (the fancy glowey strobey lights) really show off the Zacc Game Engine.

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
Thanks for your ideas!

Anyway we haven't mentioned on purpose that there are 3 new effects on the video and it seems like 2 of them are noticeable barely.

One of the new features we are looking for a name is the lights change their colors during the game. So this isn't a glow, but we don't want to name it as rainbow effect.

Can you find the other 2 new effects?

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
I know a certain developer that had to spend over two years rendering their game to achieve lighting like this. And you've done it in a matter of months. But you do it in real Time! Shock!

This really does make TPA's offering on mobile seem "last-gen".

Yeah - I'm sure he's spent 18hrs a day for the past 2 years working night and day on this.

It's not so much last gen with TPA, but lack of quality for me. Constant drive to pump out new tables and no fixing and few improvements. That and the fact they charge 6 times the cost of Zen tables, and 9 times the cost of Zacc tables. Their flipper physics bug me too. If they added adjustment settings for physics and tweaked lighting I'd probably still be a customer. But... No more money from me Jay Obernolte (shakes fist at the office ceiling I'm sat in).

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
It's not so much last gen with TPA, but lack of quality for me. Constant drive to pump out new tables and no fixing and few improvements. That and the fact they charge 6 times the cost of Zen tables, and 9 times the cost of Zacc tables. Their flipper physics bug me too. If they added adjustment settings for physics and tweaked lighting I'd probably still be a customer. But... No more money from me Jay Obernolte (shakes fist at the office ceiling I'm sat in).

Apologies, about to diverge off-topic a bit here.

I'm starting to draw conclusions that FarSight's engine (and not device limitations) is the reason why we don't have at least dark mode on Android. It isn't performant enough to pump out the required graphics efficiently on mobile devices, but is fine for Consoles.

This, I feel, is a result of short-sighted architectural decisions made when planning the mobile platforms. I'll concede that using a crystal ball to predict SoC architecture and capabilities is no easy feat, but better planning for future proofing the platform would have made graphic quality much better on Android and iOS.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.