Same bug Support for the XBone as for the PS4?

Gigabomber

Jul 4, 2013
Still haven't committed to which system to buy (first), but I notice that the PS4 forum has a bug thread stickied and this one doesn't.

Anyone notice any game quality differences between versions? more odd bugs reported with one or the other? Gut reactions are welcome.

Thanks

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Anyone notice any game quality differences between versions? more odd bugs reported with one or the other? Gut reactions are welcome.

Officially, all versions are "equally" supported.

Quote from Mike Lindsey: "We bug fix on one platform and port fixes over. We try to fit as many fixes in as we can each release."

As far as I know, the PC version is the lead version now, and it's obviously the most polished version. All fixes implemented in this version comes sooner or later to others devices. But it can take a while.

On the other hand, a bug which is specific to a device other than the PC (mobiles apart) is unlikely to be fixed (as a PS3 owner, I know that ^^ )

xray23

Mar 18, 2015
So.......if the Gorgar bumper lights being constantly lit and the Cirqus Voltaire neon tube always on are deemed "platform specific", they won't ever be fixed? They worked properly on XB360! FS, you must fix these bugs!

Trenchbroom

Apr 20, 2013
So.......if the Gorgar bumper lights being constantly lit and the Cirqus Voltaire neon tube always on are deemed "platform specific", they won't ever be fixed? They worked properly on XB360! FS, you must fix these bugs!
Good question. From my PS3 experience, Farsight did release a "megapatch" that fixed many graphical glitches and was much appreciated by the community, but there were many MANY bugs still to be fixed when I moved to the Xbox One on its release date.

If you are going to "hold" something, hold out hope that they will fix the bugs... but don't hold your breath.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013

From my PS3 experience, Farsight did release a "megapatch" that fixed many graphical glitches and was much appreciated by the community, but there were many MANY bugs still to be fixed when I moved to the Xbox One on its release date.

If you are going to "hold" something, hold out hope that they will fix the bugs... but don't hold your breath.

Yeah, that's it. Don't hold your breath.

On PS3, after each new update (only 3 or 4 per year, as tables are added by group of 2 or 3), I check if the same 3 very old bugs have finally been fixed (among a lot of others):

- Yellow bulbs on CV don't light. (bug appeared with the megapatch lol)
- Pin*Bot instructions are missing. (same here)
- When you choose a custom ball then goes back to the regular one, it is translucent (like glass) on all tables and hardly visible (need to reboot the game).

And of course, no fixes at all. The custom ball bug is almost 2 years old (July 2013), one year old for the two others (megapatch release on april 2014).

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts