Greetings from glorious Pennsyltucky!

DemoHawkD

Mar 24, 2015
Hello all, obviously I'm new here and I was drawn in after jumping into TPA on Xbox One. The thumbnail of T2 at the main screen sent me a subliminal message that I should cease re-downloading my Zen collection and jump over to TPA for a go. I must say that I'm not at all disappointed. Even though I haven't built my collection to much more than 10-12 tables as of yet, it's only a matter of time until I spring for many more.

My first pinball memories are from the local skating rink as a child and at my Grandfather's house. He would always have just one machine that he would rotate out every so many years for something new. His last machine went on to become MY first and only machine and that is Earthshaker, fully complete with sinking building and all and although it's been having some issues of late, I'm beyond delighted to see it every day. It's by far up there with my favorite machines. Other notable mentions are Theatre of Magic (I'm a practicing magician as well), Whirlwind (for Earthshaker reasons) and T2 (just out of sheer badass-ery).

Well, I suppose that about sums up my introduction. I'll try to get around to posting some scores soon and I hope to enjoy the silver ball with the rest of you fine ladies and gentlemen! (Are there ladies here? Asking for a friend.) :) Cheers!

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Another Pennsylvanian, huh? That makes at least 3 of us. Though to be fair I'm not a native. Of course you're not saying just where in PA, so it's probably Altoona or Scranton.

DemoHawkD

Mar 24, 2015
Hey Eldar! I'm in Chambersburg and I'm actually coming up to Mechanicsburg tonight! Haha! My band is playing a show at Johnny Joe's on Trindle Road.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Hey Eldar! I'm in Chambersburg and I'm actually coming up to Mechanicsburg tonight! Haha! My band is playing a show at Johnny Joe's on Trindle Road.

If you can fit in a trip to Trindle Bowl they have a Monopoly and an Atari Superman. Monopoly works fine, except all the playfield lights are out so you have no idea where on the board you are. Oh and maybe the Bank optos/door are wonky too. Superman has very weak flippers and a bunch of lamps are gone but it still looks great.

Then there's brand-new-shiny Metallica and Walking Dead in the Cinema Center (or whatever they're calling it this week) on Simpson Ferry Road.

DemoHawkD

Mar 24, 2015
If you can fit in a trip to Trindle Bowl they have a Monopoly and an Atari Superman. Monopoly works fine, except all the playfield lights are out so you have no idea where on the board you are. Oh and maybe the Bank optos/door are wonky too. Superman has very weak flippers and a bunch of lamps are gone but it still looks great.

Then there's brand-new-shiny Metallica and Walking Dead in the Cinema Center (or whatever they're calling it this week) on Simpson Ferry Road.

Nice!!! I'll be running too far behind to play tonight but I remember that they had Simpsons Pinball Party at the Coliseum as well. I haven't played Superman but I loved Monopoly when it was in an arcade close to home. It sounds like I REALLY need to check out this Cinema Center.

Have you been to Timeline Arcade up in Hanover???

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Nice!!! I'll be running too far behind to play tonight but I remember that they had Simpsons Pinball Party at the Coliseum as well. I haven't played Superman but I loved Monopoly when it was in an arcade close to home. It sounds like I REALLY need to check out this Cinema Center.

Have you been to Timeline Arcade up in Hanover???

TSPP at the Coliseum was broken when I last checked it out - upper-right flipper and the right mini-flipper on the upper playfield were both completely dead. And all the playfield lamps were out. Of course it was still switched on and people were playing it, for shame.

Don't know about the Hanover arcade... anything around here is worth checking out, time and family are my enemies. We get Pinfest in Allentown (May 1/2 this year), and the Gameroom show in York in October.

DemoHawkD

Mar 24, 2015
TSPP at the Coliseum was broken when I last checked it out - upper-right flipper and the right mini-flipper on the upper playfield were both completely dead. And all the playfield lamps were out. Of course it was still switched on and people were playing it, for shame.

Don't know about the Hanover arcade... anything around here is worth checking out, time and family are my enemies. We get Pinfest in Allentown (May 1/2 this year), and the Gameroom show in York in October.

I haven't been to any fests but might have to check it out. Timeline has 20-25 pins so it's well worth the trip. I also met a guy that's about 25 minutes away or so that has 7-8 pins including Fish Tales, T2, TMNT and Space Shuttle. I'm hoping to touch base with him again soon and go up and get my game on a little bit.

There used to be an Elvis at a pub about 10 minutes from my house but they got rid of it because the only money they would collect out of it was mine. Haha!
Now there really isn't anything very close at all which is a huge bummer. If only bars found Pinball to be as exciting as an always vacant Golden Tee.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Hey anther PA guy! Welcome to the forum.
Like Eldar said, check out the local pin shows if you can. They are a blast.

DemoHawkD

Mar 24, 2015
Kutztown! I'll be playing in Lancaster tomorrow night! Crazy. Thanks all for the welcome.

Kolchak, any pins close to the Chameleon club??? I'll have a little more downtime tomorrow so aside from my usual trip to House of Pizza, I may be able to fit in some time for flipping.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Kutztown! I'll be playing in Lancaster tomorrow night! Crazy. Thanks all for the welcome.

Kolchak, any pins close to the Chameleon club??? I'll have a little more downtime tomorrow so aside from my usual trip to House of Pizza, I may be able to fit in some time for flipping.

Sorry I'm not much help with pins in Lancaster. I usually play on pins in the other direction (toward Phila). The furthest pins I know in that direction are in the arcade at the Berkshire mall in Reading.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
Cool, I like Metal & guitars. Nice to see the guitarist of Penntera (Pantera Tribute Band) on the forum!
My favorite band is Lamb of God. I never miss a show when they are in my area.
(I also play guitar but I'm not really good at it and don't have a band)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.