Request Physics Demonstration Video

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Farsight: I remember reading on your Facebook page awhile back where you said that you can go to your real TOTAN machine and let the ball drop from the genie to the flippers and it bounces exactly the same height as it does in TPA. I think it would be amazing if you made a video demonstrating something like that, maybe split-screen with the real thing on one side and TPA on the other.

Most pinball players agree that your physics are quite good, but some feel that they are too bouncy. I think a video like this would be a great way to demonstrate how accurate the physics really are in TPA.

Thanks, and keep up the good work!

Last edited:

Patrick McBride

Feb 20, 2012
Yes, something like the video posted by goforthewall would be awesome for Pinball Arcade. Assuming that the game resembled the real table, that is :p

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
anyone remember this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UKTfgn08dM

It was the commercially produced cabinet by Global VR based on VisualPinball. Highly optimized to run the 10-13 included tables...

This would be a great way for FarSight to showcase all the effort and hard work they've put into this project. After they tweak the physics a bit, they should definitely release a comparison video.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Interesting quote from Farsight on FB:

"We agree. Drop catches are possible, but much tougher than they should be. At one point during development, they were too easy. Improvements to live catching and drop catching will be made, but it's a relatively risky part of our simulation engine to mess with, so we've had to postpone working on flipper physics until after we ship on consoles."
https://www.facebook.com/pinballarcade/posts/367590289928704

That's good to hear. I like the current physics, but the ball does seem a bit too bouncy at times, so improvements are always welcome.

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Interesting quote from Farsight on FB:

"We agree. Drop catches are possible, but much tougher than they should be. At one point during development, they were too easy. Improvements to live catching and drop catching will be made, but it's a relatively risky part of our simulation engine to mess with, so we've had to postpone working on flipper physics until after we ship on consoles."
https://www.facebook.com/pinballarcade/posts/367590289928704

That's good to hear. I like the current physics, but the ball does seem a bit too bouncy at times, so improvements are always welcome.

I must have missed that post...I'm just glad FarSight knows about it and intends to tighten up the physics in the near future.

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
I find tables a little overbouncy-AND that the bounce is a little to predictable (wrong word)-or not random enough - Glad they're working on physics though :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.