Going on a dutch island this summer, and look what´s waiting for me there!

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
I know this might not seem like a big deal to you people who have frequent access to pinball classics, but I´m really excited right now:

pB5bg.jpg

I´ve been to this vacation park on Texel, north Holland a few times in the past, and they always had this little arcade there, with a couple of arcade games and three pinball machines: Class Of 1812, Barb Wire, and Big Hurt. I wasn´t really into pinball back then, but I´m going to go there again this year. The last time only Big Hurt was at least functional, 1812 was completely turned off, and Barb Wire had plunger problems that didn´t let me actually shoot the ball into play.

So I went ahead and wrote them asking if they still have pinball machines around there, and the lady said they had two. Okay, so maybe one of them had to finally retire. I told this to my mother (who went there last year) and she sent me this picture.

Needless to say, I´m pretty excited. Indy is supposed to be great, and man, I´d never thought I would get the chance to play an actual Pinball 2000 machine. I´m pretty starved for real pinball action, the only two machines I know of in my vicinity are Dark Knight and Spiderman at my local cinema, but eh... it doesn´t really have the right feeling for me there. Besides, I really dislike the graphical style most modern Stern machines have - even though Spiderman seems to be pretty good. I guess whoever works there on Texel has a pretty good taste - well, I guess I´m going to find out myself soon enough :)

So, I guess I´m all set for summer. Riding bikes, overeating on deep fried snacks, and pinball!

(Oh, and I´m really happy that at least the Indiana Jones table is relatively likely to come to TPA in the future - when and if it comes out its always going to remind me of this vacation I´m going to have :cool:)

Last edited:

stevevt

Mar 31, 2012
Congrats!

Not to be too much of a downer, and maybe you already realized this, but that's a Stern Indiana Jones -- not the Williams one. Still worth playing, but I'm not sure if anyone would call it great.

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
Congrats!

Not to be too much of a downer, and maybe you already realized this, but that's a Stern Indiana Jones -- not the Williams one. Still worth playing, but I'm not sure if anyone would call it great.

Wow, didn't even notice that! I was just going to check out some game rules, glad I didn't bother yet ;) 6.9 rating on ipdb, but I don't mind, it looks entertaining enough :)

Is that in a village cald ''De Koog'' ?

Ive been there a couple of times. Have fun mate! Dont wear a german footballshirt, ;-).

No, the vacation park in near the Cocksdorp, which is higher up north on the island. And no worries, I'm not too much of a soccer fan ;) And I just realized there's a big gameroom called De Koog in Alkmaar - I've been to Alkmaar many times, but sadly I'm only going to stop by there shortly this year, which is a shame - hopefully next year!

And do you remember if they still have pinball machines in De Koog on Texel?

Last edited:

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
Those are definitely two great tables. Prepare to be amazed with Revenge From Mars. Each time I get to play that table I always leave wishing that Pinball 2000 was a success.

Dutch Pinball ball

May 5, 2012
I dont know mmmagetic, it was more then 10 years ago. All i can remember is i could not find my tent and awaked next to a non-beautifull woman, ;-).

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.