iOS: Retro Pinball 2.0

jhamdotme

Apr 14, 2012
Retro Pinball was recently updated with an in-app purchase ($2.99) that unlucks seven new tables. There’s an annoying ad when the app launches, and there’s some weird in-app purchase for buying more balls that I don’t quite understand, but the new tables are pretty decent.

Here are screenshots of the new tables.

jhamdotme

Apr 14, 2012
1993, actually. It’s based off of Epic Pinball. (Wikipedia) (Moby Games)

With this update, ten of the thirteen tables are now available. Only three are missing: “Jungle Pinball”, “Enigma” and “African Safari”.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
It's cool new tables are added, but I couldn't find a way to nudge in the new version. I don't like how all tables have 6 balls with no option to change it, except for the option to pay for extra balls (which I'm not interested in). I'm going to hold off on the new version until they have an option for 3 or 5 balls and nudging. It's nice to see more tables from Epic Pinball, though. One interesting thing I saw in the screens is that the tables with tiny flippers and the pole in the middle, Space Journey and Toy Factory, now have regular sized flippers.

Last edited:

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Paying for yer balls eh, whatever next!:p

I really love pinball tristan for its classic 60s like design and for 20 yr old stuff it plays amazingly well

Jay

May 19, 2012
The Epic games (including Silverball) were the first "realistic" tables I played on a PC. I wish that the Retro crew had followed the lead of the Pinball Dreams developers. I mean, heck, they re-drew all the Epic tables and put in new sound. I wish they had gone the extra step and rendered the tables as 3D models. Most of the playfields are fun, but the physics could use some tweaking. And I miss the original music and sound effects.

Stormchild

Jun 24, 2012
Perhaps this is a bit unfair, but I really don't care for imaginary tables that weren't designed by real pinball table makers. They tend to lack both depth and realism. After Pinball Arcade was released, I immediately deleted all the other pinball games from my iPhone and iPad. They all suck pretty bad by comparison.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
The Epic games (including Silverball) were the first "realistic" tables I played on a PC. I wish that the Retro crew had followed the lead of the Pinball Dreams developers. I mean, heck, they re-drew all the Epic tables and put in new sound. I wish they had gone the extra step and rendered the tables as 3D models. Most of the playfields are fun, but the physics could use some tweaking. And I miss the original music and sound effects.

I rather the game remain 2D myself. There are some good 3D remakes, but I don't usually find them to improve over the original.

jhamdotme

Apr 14, 2012
Just an FYI for those that have bought the new tables yet. The unlock is on sale this weekend: $0.99 to unlock all of the new tables, instead of $2.99.

Retro%20Pinball%20Sale.png

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts