Table of the Week Club...Week 11: BLACK KNIGHT 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Galloping to the front of the lists this week, it's Black Knight 2000! Because nothing says "medieval" like a blazing guitar track. So get some of that, and sound off below on how to defeat the Black Knight.

Just remember...it's only a flesh wound.

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
Aha, yet an other Season 3...
Get on testing that Dx11 as I promised not to buy until it is released (in a somewhat playable manner).

But I can play the free table... eh...

Yeah, a great 80's Hardrock track to fit the medieval theme :)

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
There's a BK2K doing rounds at shows that the owner hooks up to a subwoofer. Hope it's in Allentown next month.

Best soundtrack in TPA, or in all of pinball, maybe.

lio

Jul 24, 2013
I just wish they would have gone with the medieval plastic set on the TPA recreation. Love the music though :)

Morg

Apr 3, 2014
I'd probably love the music if it weren't for the awful singing noise.

Guess I should take advantage of this one and try to learn this table. It is currently in my "completely impossible" category, but the tournament leaderboards seem to say it's actually supposed to be ridiculously easy. Even when I manage to survive for a fairly long time and hit lots of shots I still score nothing.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I just upped my best score to just short of 48M.

It's a very, very, grindy table. I think the best way to score is Double Knights Challenge; you can keep one ball trapped on the left flipper and keep collecting W-A-R millions all day. You can only collect Jackpot once per multiball, indeed multiball becomes entirely pointless after that. King's Ransom is too short to get anything going, but the EB is nice. Hurry Ups are okay scoring. Bonus becomes attractive late on, especially with an easy bonus hold to keep you at 5x bonus.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
One of those tables I was very excited when they come out, but haven't played a lot shortly after release. I know I was hunting the wizard goals once and I think I haven't touched it after that and I can't really tell why. Just played it and was able to increase my high score from 16m to 29m in the second game. Love the music - yes, it's cheesy... I'm very curious to see this table in DX11 mode.

Good we don't have extra balls in the tournament any more. We should think about whether we should restart the table after each game, as the King's Ransom status is taken over to the next game.

Last edited:

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Love it!

One of my favorite tables IRL and one of my favorites on TPA.

I have all but one goal. The ramp bonus or something.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Well, this is a pretty straightforward table and one I don't really need to make a Pinball Dissected for. I guess the best advice I can give is to try and start Double Knights as much as possible and try to get King's Ransom started. Other than that there's not much to this table.

superdan

Jan 30, 2015
"I am the black knight." Guitars wailing. This game screams 80's to me, even though it came out close to the end of the decade. When I want to go crazy or have fun I play this game, never took a game seriously on it. Maybe just the feel for me. Not on my top 10 list, but find it fun to play and a bit nostalgic remembering this game back in the day.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
This is a bit eerie, but I found myself playing this table already last week, because I thought there were some relatively easy HOF points to be scored. A couple of hours later I had 252M for 6th place overall.... :) only regret that I didn't keep playing to pass Tarek who is only about 10-12M further. Well, I'm gonna pass on this one for now, I had my fill of that 80s music. I'm also neck-deep into Pillars of Eternity, and that eats into my pinball time.

fenderbendr

Dec 1, 2012
When I first played this table IRL I was hooked. My favorite table in TPA, and I hope it gets a tourney mode someday.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
My advice for collecting the extra ball... hold the right flipper, when the ball bounces up, do a left nudge when it's at its highest point. Then when the ball comes back down youll have more control and be able to get it quicker. Who likes having a timed extra ball anyways? Also, this probably isn't the same with you console players.

Another thing I do is always hit the magma save right at the start of multiball. On of them always wants to go screamin down the right

Last edited:

masterthes

Apr 12, 2014
For the life of me, I still can't get the Magna Save goal. This is a tough table for me. My best game is only around the 4 mil mark

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
That Magna Save sucks! Don't even bother trying to save the ball...if it is by it, activate it. That should net you the goal, so long as it catches the ball.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Yeah, it doesn't need to be draining. In fact balls going down the right outlane tend to fly down there at a rapid pace, far too quick to activate the Magna Save. I don't recall seeing the ball rattling around either outlane.

Morg

Apr 3, 2014
I've noticed that as well. Most of my drains on this table take about a nanosecond from whatever they bounce off of to being in the outlane. I still don't have the goal yet either, maybe I'll try hitting it just as multiball starts too. I tried that last night but was way too slow since I still waited until they started heading that way. Upped my best score to nearly 4 million at least. I should probably stop trying to hit the drop targets and start trying to stay in the upper half of the playfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts