TAXI and what table for next DLC???

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Its more or less certain that TAXI will be in the next DLC pack, but what do you think will be the accompanying table? Im going to say either, Creature From The Black Lagoon, Dr Dude or Attack From Mars. What do you guys think??

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
From what I've read, I was led to believe that Attack From Mars was next.

I would like Creature to be featured in a Halloween bundle with Elvira.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I hope for the sake of anytime I've gone on the Facebook page it's AFM and Taxi. If for no other reason to shut the two biggest trolls on that page up. The Jimmy guy is pretty amusing but the Barry Plotkin dude is probably the worst troll I've ever seen anywhere. If they can both be silenced, it might make the facebook page semi-tolerable again.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I hope its not PinWiz's guess: Stern's Harley Davidson. I could see HD as a summer release because of the outdoor theme but, meh, I just don't like that table. I'll buy it to support Farsight but, again, meh. At least the console updates should be here by then with their sweet, sweet dynamic lighting.

As far as goofballs on Facebook, did you see the guy who called Farsight Sandusky (insert swear word) because of no Xbox DLC yet. Now, that's super trolling.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
I dunno i have my reservations about it being AFM, i mean look at the last 3 DLC's bar the updated re-release table for each DLC, the new addition tables have been all fairly modern and very popular tables which makes me think it might be CFTBL. As if Farsight carry on with this 'Fan service' type of DLC for the 'other' table being a big hitter then they're going to run out fairly quickly.

I mean MM for DLC1, CV for DLC2, and now MB for DLC3, if they release AFM for DLC4 where do they go after this?????

Supermans

Jun 19, 2012
I dunno i have my reservations about it being AFM, i mean look at the last 3 DLC's bar the updated re-release table for each DLC, the new addition tables have been all fairly modern and very popular tables which makes me think it might be CFTBL. As if Farsight carry on with this 'Fan service' type of DLC for the 'other' table being a big hitter then they're going to run out fairly quickly.

I mean MM for DLC1, CV for DLC2, and now MB for DLC3, if they release AFM for DLC4 where do they go after this?????

I disagree, Farsight needs to keep on releasing the top tables as they need to increase the people interested in downloading the application. There is no better way than by releasing the most popular pinball tables of all time. With the kisckstarter program being funded and a success for Twilight Zone and after that Star Trek TNG, there is plenty to look forward to after Attack From Mars. AFM will br great and hopefully gets more people to buy the app.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
And then this time next year all they'll left with is run of the mill tables that wont hold the interest of the general user base, i feel its best to spread these big hitters out and not release them all at the start of TPA life. Alot of the really big tables will need kickstarters to bring them to TPA, and i dont think FS can really ask the community to do this more than a few times in a year, so with that out the window what are they left with to release?

Sir_LANs-a-lot

Jun 1, 2012
Well, indeed - I was thinking along the same lines myself... Obviously, it's great to have such popular tables available, but it's a bit of a double-edged sword isn't it? - If you release all the heavy hitting tables all at once then a lot fewer will bother with it further down the road... So, it's a bit of a balancing act really.

That said, I wouldn't lose any sleep if they didn't bring out another Jive Time... :p;)

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Here's a list of some of the great tables (not including tables from the PHOF Collections or other expensive licensed tables) FarSight still has to work with:

Attack From Mars
Creature From The Black Lagoon
The Twilight Zone
Star Trek : The Next Generation
Scared Stiff
Elvira And The Party Monsters
The Getaway : High Speed II
White Water
Cactus Canyon
Fish Tales
Judge Dredd
Diner
Red & Ted's Road Show
Dr. Dude
Earthshaker
The Party Zone
Black Knight 2000
Junk Yard
The Champion Pub
Banzai Run

Sorry, but I'm just not seeing a shortage of great tables for FarSight to work with.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
What about Party Zone's music? It has a licensed soundtrack, inculding Pinball Wizard from The Who. I would definitely would like to see those tables, as well as some early Bally SS. I hope Gorgar does well. Despite the lack of emulation, it seems to be a good conversion, from what I have played of it. I still like Black Hole in PA, as well, though I hope that gets emulated soon so the rules get sorted out (and I would like to see the FS rules as an option along with the arcade rules).

Last edited:

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
I thought Dan Forden did the music for Party Zone...

It's all instrumental, but some tunes that can be selected after hitting the ball into that one hole are licensed tunes, though there's some unlicensed music in the mix as well. There's a Frank Sinatra tune in the game too.

Party Zone Promo

~1:57 "And a sound package with player selectable tunes ranging from hot originals to licensed classics, including The Who's Pinball Wizard"

Last edited:

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
This isn't a subscription model. They already have my money, and they will keep my money no matter if they keep my interest or not. Stringing along the good stuff just means it'll take longer to get more of my money. I could understand the concept of not loading up on all the best tables too early only if that meant that people will lose interest because the remaining tables aren't as good, but that just means that I wasn't going to buy those tables no matter when they were released. It's not as if the first tables released are eventually going to go away. They'll still be there for new buyers. Imagine someone finally getting an iPad a few years from now and seeing TPA having ALL the top tables already to go. (and then of course complaining that they have to actually BUY the tables - sheesh)

I was so excited about AFM that I bought TPA just because they announced it. Just because they finally release it, I am not going to lose interest in the new releases. Besides, my fear is that FarSight will eventually stop working on this project through uncontrolled circumstances and not have time to get to all the good stuff.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Fungi is right on with his point. Getting a big user base installed does have a distinct advantage. Obviously you want to spread things out to keep interest up but if you can get enough people up front then they will have more money to develop additional content from an earlier point and all the users who have bought the app will get bombarded with updates every month (well eventually anyway) so they will know what new tables are out. They don't need big tables later to push the app. They buy the app now and it pushes itself. Not every table will be popular with everyone but they will be part of a userbase that is informed about it so they can make a decision if they want it or not.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Im not saying theres a shortage, im just saying they need to spread the big hitters out a bit, and the moment their going hell for leather. And that list has some quality tables on it, (u missed out Safe Cracker and King Pin :) ) that said that list is only 10 months worth of DLC. But i guess the likely hood off the TPA being around more than 2.5-3 years is unlikely before they move on to something else

Here's a list of some of the great tables (not including tables from the PHOF Collections or other expensive licensed tables) FarSight still has to work with:

Attack From Mars
Creature From The Black Lagoon
The Twilight Zone
Star Trek : The Next Generation
Scared Stiff
Elvira And The Party Monsters
The Getaway : High Speed II
White Water
Cactus Canyon
Fish Tales
Judge Dredd
Diner
Red & Ted's Road Show
Dr. Dude
Earthshaker
The Party Zone
Black Knight 2000
Junk Yard
The Champion Pub
Banzai Run

Sorry, but I'm just not seeing a shortage of great tables for FarSight to work with.

Last edited:

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
At first, I bought WPHOF and TPA for the newer tables, but after playing around with all of them, my horizons are broadened. I enjoyed BH (despite the screw ups), Funhouse, Whirlwind, Taxi, and even Gorgar, while pre TPA I would never have given any of them the time of day.
Attract them with what they like and are familiar with, then give them something new, and chances are, they'll give that a try. Give them lesser tables up front, they'll try it, say it sucks, and play Angry Birds instead. An "A" list table comes out, they might not give TPA another chance, since it sucked the last time they played it.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.